Thread: Kistler rods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    I’ve used the NRX and it’s an unreal rod but that KLX is about the closest I’ve seen to it but it’s not even close to the same price.
    I have three NRX rods that IMO are the best bottom contact rods I've used to date.
    The most (I've) paid for any rod was a Z-bone, and I broke it.

If you like em use em.. The OP asked for opinions and I gave mine.

2. Member
    I have a bunch of them, KLX and Heliums mainly, couple Argons. They seem like great rods. I like the grip on the heliums better than the KLXs. One time a Kistler rod was delivered broken by UPS. Kistler sent another as soon as I let them know, and did not even need to see the broken rod for proof. Now I have a really nice 2 foot rod for my plug knocker. I compare that experience to one with Fitzgerald, when I decided to give the thrift skipping model a try. On the fifth cast it broke. I then had to pay for shipping it back to them, and also pay the return shipping for the replacement. What a joke. Terrible customer experience. Never again will I buy from Fitzgerald.

I've got a Helium 3 and its a pretty awesome rod.
    The north fork composite blank is very sensitive

4. Member
    I've been fishing Kistler rods for 11 years now and I could not be happier with them! Have some of each of the models from Z-bone to Argons and they are all great rods! Of course there are other great rod companies out there, you just have to decide what is best for you. For me it is Kistler rods! Trey and the whole company have always treated me great with any issue I have had with any rod. For me they are a local USA company that I support! Try one for yourself!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Warranty isn’t as good as other brands but take care of them and they’ll take care of you.
    Have to disagree. I broke a Helium II. It was 5 or 6 yrs old and they sent me the new model. only cost me 50$.
    Great rods.

6. Member
    My boat is full of Kistlers, light and super sensitive.

I have a mess of them and love them. Strong and super sensitive. Both casting and spinning. Plus Trey is a down to earth guy you can call and talk to today. He has given me great personal customer service in the past. Plus they're here in Magnolia Texas. Give 'em a try.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

8. Member
    i have 8 helium 3s
    5 klxs
    few older ones to.
    love them for worms and jigs

9. Member
    Dad didn't teach son everything! Check out the new PRIDE Rods by Billy Kistler. American made here in Texas.

10. Member
    I have a heluim 3 light med heavy 7-3 want to get another / im thinking a med/heavy but scared it wont be much different and scared to buy a heavy . need something for deep cranking and some big swim baits and a small A rig . I already have a nice fishing 13 med/heavy

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    IMO there are better rods out there for the same money.

I would like to know how many times he has changed where the blanks came from? Every time I get one I like, the next time it's a different rod.
    Like what? There's different classes for rods and in the helium-3 class there is nothing that's better, all warranty aside.

They order NFCs in lots, that's why they run out of stock a lot.
    2016 Z20 Pro
    Ultrex, Lowrance, Merc Monitor, NMEA 2k, Point 1, Gatorbaks.

Quote Originally Posted by 5dinkbass View Post
    Like what? There's different classes for rods and in the helium-3 class there is nothing that's better, all warranty aside.

They order NFCs in lots, that's why they run out of stock a lot.
    See post 21..

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bblythe View Post
    I have a heluim 3 light med heavy 7-3 want to get another / im thinking a med/heavy but scared it wont be much different and scared to buy a heavy . need something for deep cranking and some big swim baits and a small A rig . I already have a nice fishing 13 med/heavy
    I started with the LMH . I later ordered the MH and it is significantly different, handling larger crankbaits much better.
    I have my 8th one, a 7' HE3 medium on the way.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasher View Post
    Have to disagree. I broke a Helium II. It was 5 or 6 yrs old and they sent me the new model. only cost me 50$.
    Great rods.
    I was looking to make a change to all of my equipment (rods and reels) so I bought (1) Z-bone to try and I have to say it was a nice rod, sensitivity and weight were good but the reel popped out of the reel seat, it would seem like it was tight but it would still pop out on a hookset. I tried a few reels with the same result. I called for warranty and was told no.
    Ended up with the NRX line and I am glad I did.

15. Member
    He makes a 7/10 heavy moderate hel 3 .it really sparks my interest. Dont wont like it if it is only a single purpose rod .
    [email]bblythe64gmail.com

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bblythe View Post
    He makes a 7/10 heavy moderate hel 3 .it really sparks my interest. Dont wont like it if it is only a single purpose rod .
    He had an 8'10" version of that He3 rod, with moderate action. I think I bought the last 2 of them. I use one as a frog rod and medium hard swimbait rod. The other for flipping, pitching, and worm fishing in general I balance them with the mudhole kits.

I've got a few for sale..

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    See post 21..
    I've already read that. NRX is barely an answer. It's also odd that someone would try to compare a KLX to an nrx when they're not even in the same league.
    2016 Z20 Pro
    Ultrex, Lowrance, Merc Monitor, NMEA 2k, Point 1, Gatorbaks.

Quote Originally Posted by 5dinkbass View Post
    I've already read that. NRX is barely an answer. It's also odd that someone would try to compare a KLX to an nrx when they're not even in the same league.
    You say you already read post 21.....did you read the rest of them ?
    If your saying that I compared the klx to an NRX, you might want to read them again so you can point out where.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12