819 what upgrades would to go with with breaking the bank

Thanks

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Never saw upgrades that didn't break the bank.....

I'd say what's more important: better graphs, power poles, hydro jackplate, ultrex, etc.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    If total cost is your top concern, which is the case for most people, you will be better off to add as much as you can afford to after you buy the boat. Accessories are marked up really high by dealers. People normally pay that premium so that they can lump it in on the boat financing. You can easily save over $1K on poles if bought and installed yourself. Same can be said with upgraded electronics. I have installed 2 jack plates and that’s the only thing I’d pay extra for to be done by the dealer.
    2015 Phoenix 819

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Of all the options I ordered last year with my 920, and I loaded up, the trick step is the one I most appreciate. Get it right the first time and don’t skimp
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

To me, having a hydraulic jack plate for the first time after 5 previous rigs without one....go with that first. $ are going to dictate what you can do right now and what you can do later. I would prioritize what you really "want" right now and also what would be the easiest to add later.
    2021 Vexus VX20, Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    I consider the Ultrex as standard, but it may be an option.

7. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Hydrolyc JP, padded deck, Ultrex, extra bilge pump and trailer shocks & DC hardware kit. All items that are more difficult to add later. If you do a lot of shallow water flipping and pitching then maybe the power poles are more important than the Ultrex to you.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

8. Member
    I have an '18 819. For me it was:

- Helix 10 MEGA on Console on Precision Sonar Mount
    - 112 Ultrex
    - F2 Winch
    - Velocity Wheels

No regrets. Love it since Day 1.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    Hydrolyc JP, padded deck, Ultrex, extra bilge pump and trailer shocks & DC hardware kit.
    This. If you fish in the rain or big water get the Phoenix AIR Circulation System. I am kicking myself for not adding that on my boat. Now I have to use an oscillating fan hanging in my garage red neck style to dry out my compartments.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

10. Member
    Ultrex, padded deck and cooler lid, dual dash shroud, trick step, trailer shocks, paint over gatorhyde.

11. Member
    Padded cooler lid is a must. I only have the padded deck and every time I kneel on that dam cooler lid to get out a bait I curse it out!
    Otherwise I would get what is necessary for you to enjoy the boat.
    Good luck

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Why do yall kneel on the cooler lid??? I always sit on it......take the wear and tear of your knees....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    The step pad on the trailer tongue is an option, and the laser cutout larger step is also an option, and then there's the trick step. You'll want some kind of step. And there are few other trailer options that are cheap so be sure to check that over. I have an 819 with a 24V ultrex and would probably go 36V if I did it again. It would add weight but I don't use poles. I don't have the padded deck but think that would be a good idea.