Uhd zoom on side imaging

I think I saw that this is an option. Is this something that can run live or do you just zoom into a still picture after the fact? Does the uhd and a higher res screen make this a lot better?

Anybody know what the “resolution” of uhd is compared to chirp sidescan? Are we talking double or?

Ive come to realize with my eyesight its just not practical to compress 100-200 ft of data onto a 10” screen and see the detail I would like.

Mostly I fish the same lake so i already know where all the structure is. What I am really looking for is to be able to “clearly” identify fish with sidescan, even if its only 30-40ft away. Something faster than panoptix initially.

2. Member
    Yes, you can set the zoom and run it live. As far as I know, the "resolution" of the transducers are the same between uhd and chirp. I suspect the limiting factor is a combination of screen resolution and/or the unit processing the returns.
    For example: I have an echo 9s+ networked with a 106 ultra and one transducer plugged into each. Gt50 + gt54
    The transducer plugged into the 106 always seems to have the highest resolution.
    I don't know if it's a network issue or the unit processing the returns, but when I set the ultra to pull side imaging from the plus unit, the display is always grainy, no matter which transducer is connected.
    Been playing with swapping the transducers back and forth between units to test it. Only been out 3-4 times since the install, so I'm still not 100% on this...
    I posted some images somewhere on this forum comparing 455kHz of the gt50 and gt54 my first time out, but there were a couple inconsistencies between the two and I haven't had a chance to test again.
    Either way, it's better on the ultra. Way better...