Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Seaguar InvizX Freshwater Fluorocarbon Line Users Step In

I'm thinking of revisiting fluoro again. I have heard great things about this line. Hopefully this line will be better than the last fluoro I've used in the past, with all the line breakage. Probably buy 12lb test. Also I see that Walmart sells 1000 yard spools for about $65.00 which seems almost too cheap to pass up. Anyone get this line from Walmart? Looking for thoughts, and comments on this line. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Its good stuff...I have had a few spools with twist issues and I got one really bad spool that was chafed all to hell. (Couple years ago)

I use mostly sniper now but I still have some invisx on a few rods without any issues
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Great line.

Good line

5. Member
    Only fluorocarbon I use.

I use 15-17 for jigs and pitching plastics. Seems to hold up well, casts well, and haven’t has any complaints.

Use 8lb for leaders, and 10-12 for spinnerbaits, swim jigs, chatterbaits as well.

I use 15# for plastics. It's good. I am not positive it's really that much better than our lines at the price though.

8. Moderator
    I was/am an invisx fan, but I’ve swapped to seagur red label flouro and I love it. Just an idea

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Only fluorocarbon I use.
    X2

10. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix921 View Post
    I was/am an invisx fan, but I’ve swapped to seagur red label flouro and I love it. Just an idea
    big seaguar fan and use abrazx but that red label is cheaper for a reason in my opinion
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Love it

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I use it, but had issues in the beginning with breakage on hook-sets on my T-rigs & weightless Senkos. Learned not to lock down on the drag. Use 10 & 12# on CBs & 17# on about everything else fished below the surface.

13. Banned
    I love it all I use. My suggestion though is unless that 12lb line is going on a spinning reel or your crankbait rod, go up in test. Guys complain all the time about floro breaking, but then you hear them talk about flipping with 12 or 15. Spool up 17 or 20lb and you won’t have any trouble.
    Last edited by catch5; 06-15-2019 at 11:38 AM.

14. Member
    great line and the one I use for cranking and swimming applications. For bottom bouncing, I use the AbrazX. I am always trying out new lines and this is still the one I like the best. BTW, every year at Xmas, Tacklewarehouse puts all their Seaguar line on 50% off sale.....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

15. Member
    Hey guys Thanks for all the feedback. I am going to use it for fishing jigs on the bottom, so I will go up to 15 or 17 lb.

16. Member
    Used Invizx forever and like a dummy wanted to try other lines. Needless to say, I’m back with Invizx

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    great line and the one I use for cranking and swimming applications. For bottom bouncing, I use the AbrazX. I am always trying out new lines and this is still the one I like the best. BTW, every year at Xmas, Tacklewarehouse puts all their Seaguar line on 50% off sale.....
    Agree with all of this. I have snapped 12 lb when throwing big cranks like an 8 or 10 XD but not often. Take a look around at WalMart and Amazon and you can find some really good deals year round and not have to wait for December at TW.

18. Member
    Yes, I use it.
    One benefit of fluoro is you can go up in line size vs. mono. So 12lb mono = 14-15lb fluoro. 15lb mono=17lb fluoro, etc. (for diameter, not actual strength).

If you're used to a big hookset on mono, back off a touch. The line doesn't stretch linearly like mono, so you don't have to hit them as hard. That's probably why a lot of people break off when switching to fluoro from mono.

12lb is great for jerkbaits, crankbaits, senkos, wacky rigs, etc. Chatterbait/spinnerbaits I go up to 15-16, jigs/texas rigs 16-20 depending on how big the fish are and what you're around. Most of mine I fish texas rigs on 15-16, jigs on 17-18.

Only downside with TW christmas sale and walmart is you don't know how long the spool has sat on the shelf, but I haven't had any problems. I filled a reel last year with 17lb line I had laying around my boats for the last 7 years and could not break off a jig on waterlogged timber, I dragged the timber to the boat instead.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

It is decent but prefer Sniper.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

20. Member
    Knots are critical with fluoro, both the knot type and the technique. A double Pitzen knot is the most reliable fluoro connection to terminal tackle that you can tie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast