Ultrex 24v install. Can I use the plug I have?

Boat is a 2018 Tracker 195TXW. Removed the MK Edge and disconnected the plug wires from the foot pedal. I know the plug will work with 24v, but the wire appears 1 size smaller that what is connected to the Ultrex from the factory. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Scraps
    I can't answer the question, but can say if the wiring on your boat is "undersized" compared to what MK recommends using for the 24V Ultrex, it would be well worth the time and effort to upgrade your boat wiring just for the performance and battery life and on the water performance.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    I talked with one of the site sponsors and ordered a block and some connectors to upgrade the plug off of the main wiring to the TM plug that he said could be a weak link, but said I could use the existing wiring in the boat without issue, but I wanted to get confirmation on the plug and they are closed until Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I can't answer the question, but can say if the wiring on your boat is "undersized" compared to what MK recommends using for the 24V Ultrex, it would be well worth the time and effort to upgrade your boat wiring just for the performance and battery life and on the water performance.

4. Member
    Do you plan on removing the TM all the time?
    If not, eliminate the plug entirely and hard wire it in. Although minimal, less connection resistance, hence heat and power losses.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

5. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    If not, eliminate the plug entirely and hard wire it in. Although minimal, less connection resistance, hence heat and power losses.
    This too. Looks like most new boats come w/o a plug. The plug will always be a weak link due to corrosion. When I had a plug I would always unplug after every trip, but hardwired eliminates that one task.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    For now I need the plug. Im going to have to get my travel cover modified to fit this thing under it so Im going to take it off the mount and throw it on the floor of the boat to and from my trip coming up next weekend.

7. Member
    I also use a quick-release mount, so I can remove my $2k trolling motor from the boat and take it into a hotel room with me at night, because of all the rampant thievery and thuggery going on these days. I upgraded my plug and socket to 8 AWG wire and the BatteryTender plug and socket, the beefiest one I could find (I removed a Marinco twist-lock and use that space to feed wires for my fishfinders thru). I never had an issue with either plug, and they never got warm even in hard use at full speed.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jawjatek View Post
    I also use a quick-release mount, so I can remove my $2k trolling motor from the boat and take it into a hotel room with me at night, because of all the rampant thievery and thuggery going on these days. I upgraded my plug and socket to 8 AWG wire and the BatteryTender plug and socket, the beefiest one I could find (I removed a Marinco twist-lock and use that space to feed wires for my fishfinders thru). I never had an issue with either plug, and they never got warm even in hard use at full speed.
    Are you referring to the factory tracker plug and the one you upgraded to?

9. Member
    I think I misunderstood your question. Not sure if you are asking about the foot pedal or the power plug, and the question seems specific to that Tracker. Disregard.

10. Member
    Just to close out this thread for when someone asks the same question in the future...

Yes. You can run the factory MEP brand 2 pin TM plug and pigtail that Tracker has installed from the factory. I can only speak to my 2018 model, but everything worked just fine on the week trip I just took.