Thread: Transducer

Transducer

So yesterday I am all excited and ready for the new Garmin install in the Ranger.
    Pull out all the old Lowrance cables and after a bit of cussing over Rangers foam filled
    pockets I finally get the new Garmin transom transducer pulled thru from transom to dash.
    As i ran my hand along the cable about a foot up from the actual transducer element I notice a small nick
    in the cable and can barely see the wire sheath inside. Almost looks like something heavy had dropped on the cable and tore the outer cable and pinched it. WTH? Brand new cable fresh out of the package
    and wondering how this will effect performance? Should I send it back to Garmin or try it? It will be mounted on the step
    and I don't want to have to go thru this shit twice. Would send pic but I can't get to upload here. pissed that this was not inspected at factory.

2. Member
    Tape it up and go fishing I would think.
    If there is a problem then pull it. No need to pull it now as most likely your good to go.

3. Member
    Shooter is correct, my preference in a situation like this is a liquid tape.

4. Member
    Personally, if you haven't sealed the transom back up yet, tape it up good and go back the trailer in kinda deep, make sure you've got a clean signal and that none of the wiring is damaged internally.

If it does have issues and needed to go back, at least you're not trying to dig silicone or 5200 out in order to do so.