Helix 7 msi help?

I had a Humminbird 798 in the dash everything worked fine, Replaced it with a Helix 7 mega si, now the speed read will only work up to about40 mph? I have a mega si ducer, and a reg sonar 2d ducer with a y cable on the helix. The 798 had the si ducer which I removed with it, and also had the same sonar 2b ducer that was left on to use with the Helix Mega. Do I need a different Y cable to use with mega.....? With the 798 speed would pick up off the 2d ducer automatically.
    Last edited by STROKER10; 06-15-2019 at 01:43 PM.

You have a mismatched 2D transducer.
    The MEGA unit uses HW CHIRP.
    You have a 83/200 kHz transducer.

If you want to use the current 2D transducer, you change the unit setting to match it and loose the MEGA frequency.

3. Member
    I have the 2d ducer and tge mega ducer the unit came with. On my 798 it would read the speed off the 2d when i was running automatically, didn't have to switch anything on the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by STROKER10 View Post
    I have the 2d ducer and tge mega ducer the unit came with. On my 798 it would read the speed off the 2d when i was running automatically, didn't have to switch anything on the unit.
    You need a different transducer than the 2D you have if you want the Helix to work properly.
    Re-read the first paragraph in post #2.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL