How hard is it to completely change metal flake colors.

Just bought a beat up old Gambler and plan on a full restore but I hate the colors and want to completely change colors. Full metal flake boat. Can it be made to look good and what would be the process. What would it cost to have a professional do it

2. Member
    Most likely cost more than what its worth.

3. Member
    Better love the boat, you couldn't give me a gambler. Price, around $4,000.00. Yeah, it's more than you paid for it, and it's not worth it.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

4. Member
    The first thing you should decide is how long are you wanting to keep the boat? If you like it and enjoy fishing out of it then nobody’s opinion really matters. Gamblers are well built and I love fishing out of mine. It will not be cheap if you get good quality work. I would not even hesitate to change the color of the flake on my gambler if I decided to. If you have never driven a gambler I would run it for a while before i did the cosmetics.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

5. Member
    I have driven a 206SS with a 260 horn motor. This is the CC bass hull though. It's in rough shape but will fish good I think. I would probably never sell the boat. I also plan to gut it and out it on a diet with lightweight materials. Just can't decide how much I want to sink into it. How much are good quality metal flakes now and how much would be needed for a 20 footer

6. Member
    Polyflake is generally around $50.00 per pound sold by weight. Gallon of good clear with patch aid $250 ish and you need a base color of gel to lay down first another $150.00

Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    Polyflake is generally around $50.00 per pound sold by weight. Gallon of good clear with patch aid $250 ish and you need a base color of gel to lay down first another $150.00
    That's not to expensive for materials.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

It’s not the cost of the materials that’s so bad it’s the amount of work involved....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com