Vexus 17 ft aluminum?

Is there a future for a 17 foot class Vexus aluminum bass boat? I really like what I see in the 18 and 19 foot models. If there is a future for a 17 ft class.......how soon?

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    We are alway evaluating new models and designs, but no solid plans yet..

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. When is information on new models and or changes to existing models released?

90" wide package with a 115hp would be really nice

Especially if it is a Mod-V so it can be wide in the front.

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    We dont generally announce new models until we are ready to start taking orders for them.

17 with a Yamaha SHO 90 would be nice

Still looking for my retirement boat, I'm boatless now, good thing friends got nice rigs, a Vexus 17 would be looked at hard as other manufacturers haven't really inspired me to get one yet.

8. Member
    I just bought 1880 Merc 115 for my last boat and will take me to retirement I'm sure and it seems to be everything I need and more and the ultrex is a big plus
    Last edited by James 10; 06-19-2019 at 07:51 AM.

9. Member
    In announcing the new G2 mid-range outboards Evinrude said they were going after this $20billion mid-range segment of outboard motors. Who knows if this is a segment Vexus will be going after with a smaller AVX model. They have a pretty good piece of this segment now with the AVX1880. I imagine like Evinrude launching the first G2 at the professional bass boat market for additional marketing opportunities with bass pros, Vexus will have a similar strategy. Thus the new fiberglass models are being planned and will soon be built to take advantage of the bass pro segment.

So, it took Evinrude 14 years to go from 3.7L market to the 2.4L market to the 1.9L market. Give Vexus 7 years and they may see a need for an additional AVX model in this market as well. I would love to see it. My fishing partner and I have been enjoying his 16’ Nitro with 90HP for 10 years now. He loves the new Vexus AVX1980 as I do, but you can have a lot of fun and catch a lot of fish in a boat the size of say a AVX1780 with 90-115HP.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 06-18-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

10. Member
    Any plans to make the the “Red and White” color of Jerry McKinnis boat available to buyers? Really looks sharp !

11. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    That was a special project boat for Jerry McKinnis and Forrest Wood, and it is gorgeous !

we are going to introduce a some new colors sometime in the 2020 model year.

Talk to your local dealer and have them put in a color change request,

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    We dont generally announce new models until we are ready to start taking orders for them.
    When will you be ready to start taking orders

13. Member
    I was hoping a 17 ft model was on its way. I’m in the market and right now the Ranger RT178 is my choice. If Vexus was on its way then I would wait and see. Of the 18/19 foot aluminum models Vexus would be my choice and am sure the 17 foot would be as well.