02 xt17 holes on top of rear deck question

Hi, i am re flooring and carpeting my 02 tracker 175, when i tore off the old carpeting i noticed a few holes cut out of the back deck and also under the seat storage are that where covered in some sort of tape. The tape was almost disintegrated and I couldn’t tell if it was to cover the holes to prevent water from getting in them or to allow water to drain through them but prevent debris from plugging them or maybe someone from stepping on them and ripping the carpet. They are on the back sides behind the two storage compartments and maybe 2 inches in diameter. I feel like they are there to allow water to drain off the back deck but it is filled with solid foam below them and i dont see a way for the two back corners of the boat to drain to the bildge. Im worried if i carpet over them with them sealed the water might not have a way to drain off the back deck but if i leave them open water might soak the foam or build up in the back corners of the boat. Any help would be appreciated i dont want to lay the carpet down til im sure what to do. Thanks

You should check out my rebuild post. Those holes are where they inject the foam. That’s where I had some of my waterlogged foam issues.

If your foam is fine. Seal them with epoxy, carpet over.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.