2019 Megabass Levante questions

I bought a 2nd gen Megabass Levante Perfect Pitch at the Bassmasters Classic. The rod was amazing until it wasn't. It broke on a hookset. I had caught many fish before that hookset without issue. MegaBass was great, contacted them and got the rod replaced. First time using the replacement it broke on a hookset again! I've never broke a fishing rod while fishing until now. Again, MegsBass comes through and my new rod will be here Monday. I feel like I've lost confidence in this rod and am not sure I'll keep it. Could the extra fast action be the issue? Surely there not all this fragile, it has to be something with me. Neither time was the rod flexed too far, both were just normal hookets with 15 lb Big Game mono. Anyone else have this issue? Would the Braillist be better for my jig fishing? I can't say enough about the customer service provided MegaBass and the rod is amazing, just not sure it'll work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MattVT18 View Post
    I bought a 2nd gen Megabass Levante Perfect Pitch at the Bassmasters Classic. The rod was amazing until it wasn't. It broke on a hookset. I had caught many fish before that hookset without issue. MegaBass was great, contacted them and got the rod replaced. First time using the replacement it broke on a hookset again! I've never broke a fishing rod while fishing until now. Again, MegsBass comes through and my new rod will be here Monday. I feel like I've lost confidence in this rod and am not sure I'll keep it. Could the extra fast action be the issue? Surely there not all this fragile, it has to be something with me. Neither time was the rod flexed too far, both were just normal hookets with 15 lb Big Game mono. Anyone else have this issue? Would the Braillist be better for my jig fishing? I can't say enough about the customer service provided MegaBass and the rod is amazing, just not sure it'll work for me.
    The Perfect Pitch is the model you want for jigs. There are some other factors that could be at play in regards to the breakage. I would use the new one with confidence. The Braillist is a great rod but for jig fishing I would stick with the Perfect Pitch.

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply Mark. I really like the rod, hopefully this one has no problems! Not sure what's going on. The rod is pretty amazing, definitely the best $200 jig rod I've ever fished.