Thread: Memphis area

Memphis area

Any good bass lakes in the memphis area? I see pickwick is a little less than a 2 hr drive. Anything closer?

thanks,
    bruce
    2019 19trx w/ 225 V8 Pro XS

2. Banned
    Memphis is not well blessed with larger fishing lakes. Arkabutla Lake is south of Memphis about 30 miles and is a pretty shallow lake. Tunica Cutoff is about 30 miles south of Memphis and is an oxbow lake once part of the Mississippi River. Sardis Lake is about 85 miles south, and it's a good fishing lake.

Pickwick is really the preferable lake and it's about 110 miles east of Memphis. It's a really fine all round fishing lake on the Tennessee River.

I fish in the Mississippi River at Memphis, Mckeller Lake, and Brandi wine shoot is a good place as well, I don not eat the fish though. Horseshoe lake in AR is good too. Other ta that you have t go at least two hours away for he bigger lakes. They do catch giant catfish in Memphis.

Plenty of smaller lakes around the Jackson, Lexington area. They all have huge fish in them.

5. Member
    For idle only: Glen Springs in Millington and Herb Parsons in Eads are less than 30 mins and have some decent fish in them.

Beech Lake and the watershed lakes in Lexington have big fish in them and nice ramps. A little over an hour from Memphis.

Enid and Sardis lakes in Mississippi are very nice and an easy drive down 55 (about 50 mins to Sardis and 75 to Enid). Decent bass fishing but world class crappie fishing. Nice ramps as well.