Prop Play 250 sho

Ran over a piece of rope at the ramp today. Motor bogged down and stalled. Cranked back up and loaded onto the trailer. That’s is when I noticed I ran over the rope. It didn’t seem to pull any stranded around the seal but my question is does that prop have a little front to back play. Mine does and not sure now if this caused it or it’s normal. Going to pull the prop off in the morning and check everything out good.

There is a little play forward and backwards in the prop shaft... I'd remove the prop and check for any debris then go from there. I'm no authority on the matter but speaking from past experience I'd say your ok.

I doubt that front to back play came from the rope. You probably just need to tighten the prop nut a little. After you use a prop for the first time, sometimes it will "seat" the prop against the thrust washer a little more. This is very common with the Flo-torq hubs.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

Pretty sure every mater i have had has had a little play in the shaft. Thrust washers can also wear out which could allow your prop to move on the shaft.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

5. Member
    Thanks guys. It’s a 2019 model so it may just be getting set into place. I was pretty sure the rope didn’t do it but you can understand the concern with a new boat wanting to prevent any avoidable problems.