Interference from trolling motor to 999 bird solved

Have fought this for over year. Have talked to a lot of people even Wayne. Dealer replaced transducer, but didn’t work. He talked to Hummingbird and neither could get it to work right. Every time I hit trolling motor depth would go to 700-800- even 900 plus ft. Graph would go up same as depth reading, whether on 2d, di, or si. Thought trolling motor brushes were worn out causing interference. Called Mr. Smoot at Kentucky Trolling Motor Repair south of Lexington,Kentucky. He could rebuild it but wanted me to try a fix he had to do to his Triton after installing Birds.
    He said to wrap the 10 gauge wire to front graph with heavy duty aluminum foil and wrap it up with hvac aluminum duct tape. Said to wrap about half way back to middle of rod locked as far to unit you can go without coming outside console. Also wrap all of extra transducer cable to. Just coil or bunch up and wrap it in foil also and tape. We out Wednesday for 6-7 hours and worked like a champ. Now I have that solved I am installing new helix 12.
    I know a lot of folks are having same issue and only fix that worked. Try it it can’t hurt. Good luck.

Yes ... that will protect your wiring from UFO interference ..... Just kidding. Glad you found a solution and provided something else for others to try.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Member
    Could you post some pics