Motor won’t trim down

So I picked up the boat yesterday from my mechanic and towed it home roughly 60ish miles. This afternoon I got a motor mate that I went to put in for the first time and the trim isn’t working. When I hit it do down it moves like an inch then bounces right back up. I didn’t realize it when I picked it up but the latch support thing wasn’t clipped and I towed it all the way home like that. Could that be what’s affecting it? Or is there some sort of lock that the mechanic uses so it doesn’t fall while he’s working on it?

2. Member
    Update: after fiddling with it more, if I hold the trim button down the motor with trim down and not go back up and I can trim all the way down. But if I press up, whether at the steering wheel on on the motor directly, even the slightest tap, It’ll trim all the way up as high as it’ll go but once it reaches the top the trim motor doesn’t keep going.
    Bad relay? What could it be?

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    More likely a bad trim switch at the bow. Unplug the red wire from the bow switch and see if proper operation returns.

4. Member
    Up relay is sticking until it reaches the up limit switch.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC