MSU Percussion Professor bmas13's Avatar

Food, Tackle and Dealers - Chickamauga Area Info

Hey everyone - I'm coming down to Chickamauga for the first time (24th-27th) with a few buddies and I'm looking for some local intel. I've searched a lot of threads and based on reviews we decided to stay at the Sleep Inn in Dayton, so I think we're covered for a good place to stay. But any info you can give for some good food, good tackle shops, and a good dealer that services Mercury outboards (in case we have engine trouble...but praying not). I've been going to KY Lake for years and have all of those things dialed in, but I'm starting from scratch here, hoping to have a new, great spot for a yearly hang with fishing buddies. One thing in particular that I'd really like to know is where I can get DFI oil at the best price. Thanks in advance for the info!

2. Member
    You will be amazed at Dayton TN, You know how everything around Ky Lake seems like it closed 30 yrs ago (except Moors Resort) Dayton is growing, the amount of Restaurants is pretty good. I have been going down to Ky 2-3 times a yr since 1999 and this has been my first year not to. Been to Chick twice and plan on going back a couple more times. Stayed once at sleep inn very nice I believe it is a new build. For tackle, Dayton boat ramp ( I believe Michael Neal owns it) also ran to bass pro in Chattanooga(45 min) I think you will find its a nice place and it is also amazing how friendly everyone seems to be...Enjoy!

3. Member
    For tackle, the best is where you will launch at Dayton Boat Dock. It is owned by former FLW pro and current BPT pro Michael Neal. On Chick, if he doesn't sell it, you don't need it. For Mercury service, there is a BassPro in East Ridge, TN. For oil, any Academy around here is the best value around here. There's also a Mercury dealer at Harrison, TN. Both of those are basically in the Chattanooga area. I can't help much with the food in Dayton but there are several nice eateries in Chattanooga or Cleveland, both cities are 30 minutes away.

4. Member
    Soddy custom tackle is s great tackle shop and they have a lot of local baits that are hand made. Stop in and talk to Brad or Mark both will point you in the right direction
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

5. Member
    jacob myers right down the road from dayton boat duck. very very good

6. MSU Percussion Professor bmas13's Avatar
    Thanks for the fantastic information everyone!

7. Derek McCullough
    Quote Originally Posted by bmas13 View Post
    Thanks for the fantastic information everyone!
    Make sure you check out Fish Tails for tackle, there is not a local store that carries the varieties that he does.