Like to bring back some shine to solid color gel coat.

Full disclosure, this is not a bass boat... My wife and kids could not all fit on my bass boat any more now that my boys are older but we still want to all go to the lake together in the summer. So, I bought an old Sea Ray ski boat, but it needs some polishing as the blue gel coat on it is faded and chalky in places. I own a variable speed 7 inch polisher, a 6 inch dual action polisher, and a 5 inch dual action sander. I've painted a few cars and dabbled with some body work but I'm by no means knowledgeable on this sort of thing. Below are some pictures and I would appreciate some suggestions on where to start (what grit sandpaper, does it all need sanded or could we get by just polishing and buffing?) In one picture you can see where I recently removed a safety sticker that has been on since new, which gives a good comparison of the shape of the gel coat now as well as what I would like it to look like. Thanks for everyone's input.

1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

2. Banned
    You have the tools. I would say try some good gel compound 3m makes some good stuff. Try a small square first and if that works for ya polish it after. If it doesn't then get a spray bottle with water/soap and some 1200 grit.

3. Fishing is a Passion
    Crank68 should respond soon. He is the guru for gelcoat
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Bassnailer...I’ll be glad to help you in any way. A lot of variables you’re working with there on a solid gel boat, age, color, different levels of fading, etc. Shoot me a text and I’ll try to help you. 919-631-2019. Check out my website for a few before/after pics and videos.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com