Thread: 300 efi heads

300 efi heads

2001 mercury 225 EFI

Is there any difference in stock 225 or stock 250 heads?

No difference in combustion chamber volume.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    No difference in combustion chamber volume.
    But there is a difference when you go up to 300. You can have your current heads shaved to increase compression. I did this and it was the biggest reason for my speed and holeshot gain. But if you do this you must change to a 4-hole intake and computer changes are recommended.

4. Member
    Don't forget to add high octane fuel and hang on !
    Quote Originally Posted by bkeenom View Post
    But there is a difference when you go up to 300. You can have your current heads shaved to increase compression. I did this and it was the biggest reason for my speed and holeshot gain. But if you do this you must change to a 4-hole intake and computer changes are recommended.

5. Member
    This is about what I have done to my 1996 250 EFI motor. The heads are cut to 300 ProMax specs by Black Magic Racing, 300 ProMax ECUs, mine came with 4 butterfly intake. I wish I would have had Simon program my fuel ecu to 250 XB, instead of 300 ProMax. It seems that is the way to go on the fuel ECU. Midsection is relieved, but not sure if that matters or not? At least it sounds like a big block inboard/outboard boat with above water exhaust through the no wake zones. LOL