Two Stroke Oil Recommendation for 07' 150 VMax Carbed

Sorry if this discussion has already been hashed out somewhere but I couldn't find one for my particular question. I got a boat about three weeks ago from a dealer with a 07' 150 VMax carbureted, but I failed to ask what kind of two stroke oil to use or that it had in it already-Duh but thought the manual would say what to use and it doesn't. I was going to just use Quicksilver which I've been using on my old boat for years that had a old 87' 150 Mercury Blackmax. I thought I'd go Quicksilver synthetic blend for this YammyHawg. The oil that's currently in it is blue like Quicksilver if that means anything. Maybe theyre all blue-never bothered to look at the difference...lol Any insight would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Jbos; 06-14-2019 at 03:15 PM.

2. Member
    You’re going to be guessing at what “was” in it but you can’t go wrong with just yamalube made for that motor (also dark blue in color).... on my 2004 150 VMax I just sold I had switched to Lucas synthetic marine oil for the last 4-5years.... burns cleaner with less smoke. Just my 2 cents.

Ok, thanks, I appreciate it!

4. Banned
    I used Walmart's house oil in my 1985 Yamaha 115 hp 2 stroke and in my Jet Ski's/Sea Doo's. Inside of the engines were very clean through 20 years+ usage.