What to do after polishing the gel coat to seal it up?

I have buffed the haze out of my gel coat. I used a fine to medium polishing compound on a wool pad on my buffer to bring the shine out, and make it look nice again. My question is what is the next step? Wax? BB saver?

im pretty sure it’s wax next then B.B. saver as a maintenance step. Thanks for any input!
    1998 Ranger R-91 Intracoastal
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI (S/N OG680217)
    Tempest A45 25P (no jackplate)

Protec Sealant Polish
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Great! I have some on hand. Thanks!

I have polished the boat, and applied several coats of Protec Sealant /polish. Boat looks great! Thanks for the tip. Now I want to spray & wipe it after each use. I see folks doing it at the boat ramp. What brand or type product is best for this use? McGuires spray on wax from WM?

My goal is to maintain the shiny gelcoat as long as possible. Thanks again!

Most any brand of spray wax or quick detailer with UV inhibitor‘s will work.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    I like the Lucas Oil Speed Wax, available at Walmart and most any auto parts place. Goes on easy, wet or dry, doesn’t stain rubber or plastic and will work great on your vehicles also

Took the boat out today, but we got rained out, had to race back to the ramp to beat the downpour, but the downpour won. The Boat looked and performed awesome! After backing under the carport, I noticed the normal brown waterline staines on the sides. I tried cleaning a small portion, and it cleaned up easily. I was hoping it wouldn’t stain the sides after the fresh polish, and sealant application. I’ll go buy some wax tomorrow and get it cleaned off before is stains the freshly polished sides.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Lucas Oil Speed Wax for the win! $8 at WM. Great tip, Speed Wax sprays on and hand buffs off quick and easy. It took the water stains off without much effort too. I’m going to try Speed Wax on my Jeep, thanks for the support everyone! This forum is awesome.

Took the boat out for the normal fishing trip, to the same place, and fished the same way. Before the boat always came home with brown water line stains. The boat came home CLEAN this time. I don’t think I mentioned it, but my boat is white, with green metal flake stripes. After rinsing the boat under the carport, I applied more Speed Wax to the gunnels, hull sides, and transom, it took all of five or ten minutes to reapply. Lucas Oil Speed Wax works good for my requirements. Thanks again everyone!