Need to build a boat support

I need to jack the boat up and get the trailer out from under. Trailer needs some maintenance, paint and such.
    I've seen threads on here before were the rear support was built from wood.I will still have the engine hanging on it.
    any help or direction much appreciated

Wood blocks like 6" x 6" work just fine. you can stick a piece of carpet or cardboard between the wood and hull if you want. Lower front of trailer all the way down (brings the back up) block rear at transom, raise front of trailer with jack and use a floor jack with blocks on keel. Also, make a support on each side at the rear near the transom so she doesn't get tipsy on you. If you have a way to lift by the bow eye that would work also. Boatyard beside me does it this way and they get a boat off a trailer in about 5 minutes start to finish. I know there's a few videos on the web showing how it's done.

3. Member
    I've seen people using old tires, jack stands, cinder blocks, going balls out and building a wood cradle.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

4. Member
    I had to do mine last year. Scary as H*LL seeing my boat like that but never moved and I did it by myself.

Boat Lift 4.jpg Boat Lift 2.jpg Boat Lift 1.jpg Boat Lift 3.jpg
    (SOLD) 88 WINNER Tournament 2000
    Mercury XR6 150 6"JP 25p Tempest 61mph loaded
    Minn Kota Maxxum 80 - Humminbird 899/858

I just wanna fish....

5. Member
    thanks guys
    I appreciate all the help
    I'm glad I posted this as I was starting to over think it.
    Thanks for the pics Sean

6. Member
    I too am needing to do some gelcoat repair on my 201 over the winter. Did you have your Winner boat wrapped?
    Looks good.