Linking Gen 1 to Carbon

I am buying a new to me boat that currently had Gen 1 HDS at bow and console linked together. I am going to swap the bow unit to my new Carbon. Will the Carbon link with the Gen1 just like the current one is?

2. Member
    I may get corrected by someone with more knowledge on here....I believe they will network as far as sharing info such as waypoints but I am pretty certain you can't share screens or maps on a Gen 1 HDS unit....
    I am also assuming you are meaning a Gen 1 HDS 7,8,10?????

3. Member
    Yes, Gen1 10. Waypoints is the main thing I need to share.

4. Member
    So I connected my Carbon today in place of where my Gen 1 was. Now I have a gen1 10 connected to a Carbon 7 but can not get them to share waypoints. Am I missing something?

5. Member
    In your network settings make sure the carbon is set to share info... waypoints etc...

I think it's network and then NEMA 2000 and the other one right under it... it's the one under it... and then you set to share via ethernet

6. Member
    At one time I had a G3 HDS7 connected to a G1 HDS10. I was using the 10 as a slave unit for sonar from the G3 7 HDI transducer. Units were connected by Ethernet only. If I remember correctly, the Gen1 units will not share waypoints, unless all units are on, powered up when the waypoint is created. If you add a waypoint to the Carbon, and the 10 is powered off, The waypoints will not populate through the system when the 10 is turned back on like the new HDS/Carbon units do.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax