Thread: Humminbird Onix

Humminbird Onix

I was wondering why there are not more of these units for sale in the electronics section. Everyone keeping them, I love mine and want to buy another one for front of boat but they are hard to find

2. Member
    Not sure about anybody else but I am keeping it till I can afford a new Solix. 10 touch 2D. Make me an offer. Bob

I have 2 being unused. I’ve just been too lazy to wrap them up to sell.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Banned
    Running Onix and life is good.

5. Member
    I would like to upgrade one of my 2-Onix units to a Solix but can't due to the non networked screw up. Don't want to buy 2 Solix at once. I bet that a lot of Onix guys want to upgrade.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    I would like to upgrade one of my 2-Onix units to a Solix but can't due to the non networked screw up. Don't want to buy 2 Solix at once. I bet that a lot of Onix guys want to upgrade.
    The decision to eliminate the networking capability between Onix & Solix with the upgrade that fixed many of the Solix 2D sonar problems was a big mistake. You are not the only one who would upgrade to a Solix as a second unit to a single Onix or as an upgrade from an existing second Onix in a network. This is costing HB lost Solix sales but it also opens the door for the Onix owner to consider another "non networking product" with technology that Solix lacks like Garmin Live scope. When the Onix/Solix networking door was closed, the sales door for the competitor was opened. I hope they saved some big $ in software development.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    Running Onix and life is good.
    Yep I like mine also, got to get another one

I still have an Onix 8 I've kept so far as a backup to a solix 15 at the console, and a solix 10 at the bow. It's a straight swap out with all compatible cables and transducers if I need it, and last week I needed it after having to send off my Solix 15 to repair broken glass.

solix broken glass.JPG

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I upgraded to a SOLIX 15 SI and was going to sell my ONIX 10CSI Touch. Even had it all boxed up but just didn't get around to putting it on eBay and have now decided to keep it as a portable setup on a square stern Canoe with Trolling Motor. Going to buy the trolling motor mount for the ONIX Transducer and build a removable ONIX mount for the canoe.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

10. Member
    Most onix owners, same as Humminbird,
    want the onix gone and forgotten...

11. Member
    OUCH! What did that run you! I put a Graph Glass on my Solix but still don't want to try that. Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    I still have an Onix 8 I've kept so far as a backup to a solix 15 at the console, and a solix 10 at the bow. It's a straight swap out with all compatible cables and transducers if I need it, and last week I needed it after having to send off my Solix 15 to repair broken glass.

solix broken glass.JPG
    Last edited by bobcoy; 06-17-2019 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Typo

$819.45 I've got an order in for graph glass.

A 15" screen is big, and the glass is now flush to the front, and edge to edge. It's simply much easier to hit. I was casting texas rigged worms. I was using my Ultrex to hold my boat, and I wasn't right at the TM pedal as I usually am, and had backed up on the front deck creeping closer to the console, without being mindful of my graph. I hit the glass when starting the forward motion of the cast from the back cast. An expensive lesson learned.