Thread: New 2019 19 TRX

Banned

New 2019 19 TRX

Speed is not my main goal just upgrading from my current boat. Would you buy this rig with a 200 4 stroke even though it is rated for 225? Decent enough price. Do any of you have this boat and does it perform well with 200?

Thanks

That common perspective here is that anything less than max HP hurts resale. Not just in value but in finding someone to buy it at all. So, how long are you going to keep it. If its 10+ years, that probably doesn't matter. If you'll want a new boat in a few years, then it would have to an incredible deal for me to take it. Also, there is more to having the max HP that just top speed. You can cruise along easier at part throttle with the 225 and probably use less fuel than that 200 at wot. And it will get on plane quicker as well.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. Member
    No way. My 20 TrX needs a 300!!!

4. Banned
    10-4

5. Member
    A 225 will not plane any faster than a 200 you can adjust your pvs for hole shot and they will more than likely run different pitch props anyway. It could hurt resale look around your area and see what most of them are coming with

Just curious, is the boat you're looking at grey with green trim? If its the boat I am thinking about, that is a pretty low price but its missing the Ultrex and I'd spend at least 2k on electronics.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

7. Member
    I pick mine up this week but I went with the 225. Most dealers I came across online had 200’s on them. I know I’ll sell mine quicker and for more money than the guy with the 200
    2019 19trx w/ 225 V8 Pro XS

8. Member
    The 200 and the 225 may break over at the same time, but I’ll guarantee you they won’t run the same top end and gas mileage if both are propped and prop to pad correctly. I’ve never met anyone who was sorry they bought max hp the boat was designed for!!! And as above the trade in/sale price is better.

9. Member
    No they won't run the same top end . Resale will be lower but the boat is cheaper in the beginning

10. Member
    The first time you get passed by the same boat with a 225 you'll be kicking your own ass for buying a 200. It probably comes with a Verado lower unit instead of a Torque master so that's another reason not to buy it. The only hope with buying a 200 now is the good chance that you can have it flashed after you buy it to get the extra HP.

11. Member
    I have a 2012 19se with a 200 proXs. It is the same basic boat as you are looking at. I bought it because it was a great price. I wish everyday that I had the 225 on it, that is a very big boat for only a 200. Top speed or not, the extra horses would help in everyday use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerhunter3 View Post
    I have a 2012 19se with a 200 proXs. It is the same basic boat as you are looking at. I bought it because it was a great price. I wish everyday that I had the 225 on it, that is a very big boat for only a 200. Top speed or not, the extra horses would help in everyday use.
    I've got that exact same boat with the same motor. The 225 would be nice, but I run mid 60s with a really heavy load and 10' poles. A couple extra MPH to me was not worth the cost. I got my boat for a really good deal and the fact that it had a 200 didn't bother me at all.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishing_Fool_NC View Post
    The 200 and the 225 may break over at the same time, but I’ll guarantee you they won’t run the same top end and gas mileage if both are propped and prop to pad correctly. I’ve never met anyone who was sorry they bought max hp the boat was designed for!!! And as above the trade in/sale price is better.
    Definitely go with the 225, I sold boats for over 20 years and every time some one bought a boat under powered they come back complaining because they did not max out the h.p. Yes the 225 is more cash but worth it in the long run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!