Thread: Equipment

Equipment

Just a piece of advice for everyone...…

When you buy a new set of irons, even if you are fitting for them, have the lofts, lies, and swing weights checked before you take them home. The club manufactures tolerances can be all over the place nowadays and its all of the manufactures. So unless you have your irons built by a custom builder....get them checked. They cost too much not too.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Just a piece of advice for everyone...…

When you buy a new set of irons, even if you are fitting for them, have the lofts, lies, and swing weights checked before you take them home. The club manufactures tolerances can be all over the place nowadays and its all of the manufactures. So unless you have your irons built by a custom builder....get them checked. They cost too much not too.
    I have never done this and haven't heard much about it. How would they go about correcting it you had a particular club way off. Getting new club Tuesday so I am a tad curious

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Your local equipment shop, club builder, or golf pro should have a loft & lie machine and swing weight scale to check them.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Your local equipment shop, club builder, or golf pro should have a loft & lie machine and swing weight scale to check them.
    thank you, first time getting fitted for irons this week, pretty excited.

5. Member
    I had ordered a set of 718 AP2's this spring after getting fit and needed them 1 degree strong. After getting them and hitting them for month I was almost done with them. I was way short on every club and my PW was going really short. Did another fitting for wedges and found out I only had a 3 yard difference from my PW to a 50 degree wedge. Finally had enough and took them in to get checked and they were ordered 1 degree weak! The PW was actually 2 degrees weak. Had them bent and made a world of difference. I'm glad I went with a forged iron so I was able to get them bent.

Great advice above - wish you would have posted this in March....
    08 Triton 17 Explorer/08 90 Merc