Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The financially responsible ones who can afford to play are silver spoons and business owners. Several are guides. Others not so fortunate are staying broke as long as they can hold out trying to get rich. For every one who chased their dream and turned fishing into a lucrative career, there's 10,000 that didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    The financially responsible ones who can afford to play are silver spoons and business owners. Several are guides. Others not so fortunate are staying broke as long as they can hold out trying to get rich. For every one who chased their dream and turned fishing into a lucrative career, there's 10,000 that didn't.

Really though that's the same in regards to chasing dreams whether fishing or something else. Someone is that 1 out of 10,000 and keep fighting to make it happens. I'm not sure success, attaining goals or reaching your dream were ever meant to be easy.

The good ones, and smart one just dominate locally! No travel, no hotels, show up fish. Collect go home. Minus capital investment (Equipment) you can stay in the black fees going out, cash in.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    The good ones, and smart one just dominate locally! No travel, no hotels, show up fish. Collect go home. Minus capital investment (Equipment) you can stay in the black fees going out, cash in.
    There's a few local guys around here that do just that. I'd be curious to know how much they've made over the past 4 years or so, including the earnings on the boats they've won.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    There's a few local guys around here that do just that. I'd be curious to know how much they've made over the past 4 years or so, including the earnings on the boats they've won.
    They are the smart ones....you play it right you can pay for a lot of your fun!

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Topic was all the pros on the FLW tour in unwrapped boats, ie: no sponsors.
    Basically yes that was the question. BPT is a different deal. In Bass you are required to have a wrap. Some are not sponsor related ( Steve Kennedy ), I don't know any Pro's in any series. That was why I asked on here How they do it.

This guy was a corporate banker.

Living his dreams

I don't think I've ever been as uncomfortable watching a video, as I was right there.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I don't think I've ever been as uncomfortable watching a video, as I was right there.
    LMFAO at your comment as I watch that video.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    LMFAO at your comment as I watch that video.

He Risked it all to follow his dreams.......... he is not one of those that say they can compete...... he is!

11. Member
    The only thing that could make that more awkward is if was being performed by a big hairy lumberjack looking dude with overalls, no shirt and a coonskin cap.

One thing I know for sure is I don't understand how anybody could've been holding a quiet conversation bankside during that performance. Personally, my coworkers thought I was having a breakdown for my hysterical laughter
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

He Risked it all to follow his dreams.......... he is not one of those that say they can compete...... he is!

13. BassBlood

Living his dreams

LMAO! Who knew that was a sport

Sadly, more spectators than BPT

14. Banned
    Life aint about working everyday to save a dollar and putting it in the bank hoping you have enough when you get old. Life is about living and being able to enjoy your life. So to me the guys that are chasing their dreams of fishing are living their life to its fullest and I admire that.
    So when you do get old and are sitting in your rocking chair because your body won't let you go fishing anymore what kind of stories are you going to have for your grandkids? Mind sure won't be "Well son/girl I worked OT every time I could so I could save it and pass it along to you when I die." Mine will be "Let me tell you about the time I fished ________ and I caught them until my hands hurt that sure was the good old days."

Lots of the guys have businesses and plenty of money. Yes there are alot of them.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

16. Member

Living his dreams

+3, that was awesome, although I am surprised he doesn't have at least a few sponsor patches on his vest.

17. Member
    I did it for 4 1/2 years. Was pretty much a bottom feeder that paid my own way. Health issues and the financial crisis of 2008 made me get real job again. Would I do it over, hell yes, was it hard work, hell yes, can I say I tried, hell yes and proud that I tried, hell yes.

Think about this, fishing Okeechobee, Champlain, Erie, Santee Cooper, Kerr, Murray, Smith Lake, Potomac, Beaver all in one year?

I knew a guy 25 years ago tried to race a sprint car and he had 2 mortgages on his home, his parents home and max out 3 credit cards trying to race at the local speedway. He was bankrupt in less than 2 years..

19. Member
    No life jacket in the canoe, no registration numbers, etc.
    Praying for a Cure

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Really though that's the same in regards to chasing dreams whether fishing or something else. Someone is that 1 out of 10,000 and keep fighting to make it happens. I'm not sure success, attaining goals or reaching your dream were ever meant to be easy.
    Truer words have never been spoken. At least on BBC anyway. Haha

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast