UHD and networking ultra and plus units

if I have an ultra unit that handles uhd can i network that to a plus unit and get uhd on the plus without the box?

2. Member
    From the Garmin website:

"
    Share Sonar, Waypoints and RoutesHave more than one unit? You can share sonar, waypoints and routes with other ECHOMAP Ultra 10” and 12” units as well as ECHOMAP Plus 7” and 9” units".

I'm assuming so, i am hoping to do the same thing.
    Last edited by deanojg; 06-13-2019 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

3. Member
    I don't see why not. Make sure your software is up to date. I seem to remember having some issues displaying data from the gt54 through the network on my plus, prior to updating. You may be a little disappointed with the way it turns out. The plus units just can't compare with the ultra units screen resolution.

4. Member
    Yeah im almost afraid to get an ultra unit then my plus unit will be like fishing in a 3rd world country

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Yeah im almost afraid to get an ultra unit then my plus unit will be like fishing in a 3rd world country
    This got a LOL

6. Member
    Update: Tried to display UHD on my 93s+ with the gt54 connected to the 106. Didn't work. It froze the down/side imaging on the 93.

7. Member
    Hmm. So id still need a box for uhd on the plus unit I guess?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamMule View Post
    Update: Tried to display UHD on my 93s+ with the gt54 connected to the 106. Didn't work. It froze the down/side imaging on the 93.
    I'm surprised. Now I'm not using the Plus or Ultra units but I do have an 8616 networked with a 1242 and 942xs. The 942 is very limited in terms of built in capabilities, but it will display whatever the 8616 provides, meaning UHD, LVS12, ...

I believe I would put in a call/email to support about this just to be sure.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    have you tired use GT54 455khz or 800Khz on the 106 to see if 93sv+ can see? how about 2D? even 2D is not share to 93sv+?
    Tangrine Orange Key 16604126S1

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Disregard
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by SamMule View Post
    This should work. One of the engineers tested Ultra and Plus sonar sharing, and had no problems changing transducer sources & frequencies from both transducers on the ECHOMAP Plus. Verify that the Ethernet cables have a good connection.
    Garmin Pro Team

12. Member
    Ok will do. It ran the 455 from the gt54 just fine, but when I switched to 1120, it froze. I will recheck all of my connections when I get home.