Bass fishing in the New Buffalo area

Hey guys, I’m headed up to New Buffalo August 2nd. Anyone know a good bass guide in the area? Or someone interested in taking a guy from Kentucky out on Lake Michigan? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    All that I can find online are trolling charters, any suggestions would be appreciated.

3. Member
    Smallmouth fishing in that area is pretty tough. There is limited amount of structure...can they be caught? yes...do guys catch them..yes... but like I said pretty difficult. That area of LM is not like up north which has lots of natural rock and bays. The only guide that I know of that fishes for smallmouth is Ralph Steiger but he goes out of east chicago IN which would be about an hour drive from New Buffalo.
    2005 Ranger Z20
    Lake St. Clair addiction...

4. Member
    Thanks for the info Tom! I got spoiled when I lived near LSC... I guess not every lake in Michigan is loaded.

5. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I think there is a Perch Charter in Benton Harbor or New Haven. The Gleam River goes thru New Buffalo has a pier and has pike and crappie and bass plus a few sloughs. Fish the bridges too. Check local Bait shops if you can find one.. The most Famous HamburGER place within 200 miles of New Buffalo is Redamaks and the Stray Dog Tavern is good too. check out Yelp reviews or their website..

6. Member
    An hour north of there is Spring Lake and the other Grand River Bayous. Largemouth fishing is excellent there. I don't know anyone who guides over there, but you might be able to hitch a ride with someone who fishes over there if you ask in the right way.