paying for cmap account?

So I have been uploading sonar logs to the cmap social map and it has been almost 4 weeks now. If i download the map I can view all my recordings on my graph, but I still cannot see them on the social map on my computer when I access the website. I am wondering if I start paying for the yearly subscription if I could then take all my recordings and merge them on the website into one large map that I could view on the website?

2. Member
    Yep

3. Member
    Yes.

And having a paid subscription also makes Genesis process your sonarlogs faster. (They prioritize Edge-users if/ When there is a queue.) With the added composition layer on Social Map with Edge, the subscription is starting to look a lot better "bang for the buck" then before.

4. Member
    Team Colibri,

I currently have a Genesis Edge account and have been logging my own sonar logs for several months now. I keep all of my sonar logs "private". Based on your response to the original question, I have another question concerning my "private" logs. If I download a "social" map of the same local lake that I have created my "private" sonar logs from, will my "private" sonar logs automatically be merged into the "social" map? Many of my "private" sonar logs do not show up on the "social" map of my local lake, so it would be very beneficial to have them merged into one usable map. I have noticed that my "private" sonar logs are not showing up on the "social" map when I generate a Genesis C-Map to use in my Lowrance HDS units. It appears that it is not automatically merging my "private" maps with the "social" map when I generate a map of the lake. Is there a setting I am missing that I need to use to make it merge the "private" map with the "social" map? Not trying to hack the original topic. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Yes.

And having a paid subscription also makes Genesis process your sonarlogs faster. (They prioritize Edge-users if/ When there is a queue.) With the added composition layer on Social Map with Edge, the subscription is starting to look a lot better "bang for the buck" then before.

5. Member
    None of your private sonarlogs show up in Social Map, that is the whole point. :) No there is no way to Ğmergeğ maps (only sonarlogs). You could put both maps on your memorycard in different folders and switch between them but that is about it.

6. Member
    So I bought the one year tonight. I am not getting the option to make a merged map of the new lake. It does not even show yet as an option for me to select those trips. However, when I look at the social map I can see some but not all of the trips I have done. However if I download the social map I can see everything on my graph. Any ideas?

Should I have been able to see the maps as options for this that I uploaded before making the paid subscription?

7. Member
    I know for me I had to map the lake or river area again after I paid the subscription before the option to merge was given. You will still be able to use all of the other sonar logs you uploaded previously to view and merge. Don't know why but you will need at least one new log for each waterbody to start making your own private merges. This was my experience.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebradybunch View Post
    So I bought the one year tonight. I am not getting the option to make a merged map of the new lake. It does not even show yet as an option for me to select those trips. However, when I look at the social map I can see some but not all of the trips I have done. However if I download the social map I can see everything on my graph. Any ideas?

Should I have been able to see the maps as options for this that I uploaded before making the paid subscription?
    Unfortunately the sonarlogs already uploaded has to be "activated" as Edge. This does not happen automatically. Send them an email and ask for it and you will get all sonarlogs on your list of sonarlogs, and you will be able to merge them. Make sure that email contains your username.

9. Member
    Thanks guys!