Thread: Cumberland

Cumberland

Hi friends. I知 heading to Cumberland next weekend and I知 allowed to bring a SMALL tackle bag. I壇 like to catch a few bass while I知 down there. Any advice on what kind of baits to pack? Deep? Shallow? Finesse? Reaction? Colors? Do you have largemouth, smallmouth, spots?
    Thanks and see ya next week!

Tony

2. Member
    Some shakyheads would be all you need to catch a few bass. They always work.

3. Member
    What he said. We caught them from 1 ft to 20 ft deep thur- caught spots largemouth and smallmouth

4. Member
    Thanks, guys!! I threw in some shakey head jigs and some worm weights. Never been there or anywhere like it really. I was visualizing really steep drop offs and this ledge fishing thing we don’t have here. I guess I need to head as far back in the creeks as I can get??

Cumberland has a tremendous amount of pleasure boat traffic during the summer months...so much that I think it makes the bass go nocturnal. About the only day bite that is consistent is a brief period in the morning just after daylight. Most people I know who fish Cumberland this time of year are night fishermen.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Cumberland has a tremendous amount of pleasure boat traffic during the summer months...so much that I think it makes the bass go nocturnal. About the only day bite that is consistent is a brief period in the morning just after daylight. Most people I know who fish Cumberland this time of year are night fishermen.
    Without a doubt. From what i致e heard there are still some being caught during the day, but 99% of guys that fish Cumberland are doing it at night which is completely normal.

7. Member
    Night bite has for us been shallow - inside 10 ft; daytime has been 20-30 near flooded brush; I’d stay on main lake and look for flooded brush near bluff wall to flat transition areas

8. Member
    1/4 shakey heads with GP trick worms
    1/4 and 3/8 ounce swimbait heads with 3.8 Keitech in your favorite shad colors
    If you can get out early enough or before dark, a Lucky Craft Sammy is always strong
    If want another option it would be 1/2 Jig in a natural color with a small chunk or small flapping craw trailer
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

9. Member
    Great info, guys. I hope to share some pics when I get home.

Thanks again,

tony