Thread: Livewell Timer

Livewell Timer

Not sure which timer to get and which one would work best. 87 Ranger 374 with 2 livewells, 2 switches and one timer with a dial. I would like to replace timer with one without a dial and just mount it under console. Can I use just use one timer for both wells and if so what's a good one to use? Thanks.

2. Member
    You should be able to operate both livewell pumps with one timer. I assume that your switches are "Auto-Off-Manual" switches. If so, I found a wiring diagram that should work. Both adjustable and fixed timers are available on Amazon. Most timers have three terminals: +12 volts In, Neg, and +12 volts Out. The +12 volt Out timer terminal should connect to the "Auto" terminals on both of your switches.
    https://texasfishingforum.com/forums...r_for_Multiple
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

Thanks Table. That helps. Yes, I have a factory timer now with 2 switches with " On-Off-Auto" and it's probably wired like the diagram you provided. Right now both "auto" and "on" run the pumps continuously so I assume the timer has gone bad. I'll have to look under the dash and check the wiring but I might just order a new timer just in case. Any recommendations on which one is better? Thinking on going "fixed" timer.

4. Member
    The Rig Rite brand seems to be popular, but I haven't actually used one. Personally, I would go with the adjustable timer so that you can increase the cycle time for warm water conditions.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200