EchoMap 73/93sv Plus Data Sharing/Marine Network/Sonar Sharing

Hello all,

I am installing:

1. EchoMap 93sv Plus (new) at the helm with atransom mounted GT52 tansducer
    2. EchoMap 73sv Plus (new) at the bow
    3. EchoMap CHIRP 73dv (2015 model) at the bow witha trolling motor mounted GT22 transducer

I would like to be able to:

1. idle along and use sidescan at the helm (93sv) to find and assignwaypoints to targets
    2. have those waypoints show up on the bow unit (73sv)when I return to the targets and troll to fish them.
    3. look at sidescan from the transom transducer onthe bow unit (73sv.)

My questions are:

• How do I accomplish objective #2? How do I sharedata between the two units?
    • How do I accomplish objective #3? How do I sharesonar between the two units?

Thanks in advance for your help. If you don’t want to see mydue diligence/frustration below, you can stop reading here.

• Objective #1 is a function of the chartplotter,it’s no problem.
    • Objective #2: The Echomap Plus has blue andbrown wires, but the manual says that data sharing isn’t available on the 70/90models, only the 60. The data sharing cable on the Garmin website with thegreen and white wire only lists the 60 as a compatible device, so that checksout. Todd Driscoll, on this website, confirmed that the 70/90 have Ethernet connections,but I don’t see it on the back of the unit or any mention of it in the manual.Is it the Panoptix port?
    • Objective #3: I could just hang the transducerfor the 73sv off the transom (if it would reach,) but… The manual says that the EchoMap Plus modelscan share sonar (transducer input) through the Garmin Marine Network. Wouldthis also allow them to share waypoints, etc? What hardware do I need? TheGarmin website shows the cables as compatible with units, but I found on athird party website (Hodges maybe) that have to have a cable for each unit, sothat means a coupler I’m assuming. Any specifics or links regarding the GarminMarine Network would be appreciated.

I have read quite a bit before asking here …Garmin’s website, manuals,YouTube channel …other YouTubers, internet, this board…very confusing orincomplete. It seems Garmin assumes you have a base level of knowledge already.

Thanksfor everyone’s help.

2. Member
    To share waypoints and sonar between the 2 Plus units all you need is one Garmin Marine Network cable long enough to reach from one to the other.

For the chirp unit, you're out of luck. No sharing between it and these Plus units. If you want to move waypoints back and forth between the chirp and plus units you'll have to do it manually, using an sd card.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Thanks, that is about the best possible scenario.

Re: the CHIRP 73dv, yeah I'm using it as a stand alone. Had it for 4 years and too good to get rid of.