Carpet comming up question

Looking for ideas on what to use for adhesive to restock some carpet that is comming up on a newer rig. I got one corner on the floor in the cockpit area and one side at the very front deck by the bow. I had an older boat and used a spray adhesive with luck before but these areas don’t have enough room for that to be effective. Looking for some advise on what to use without making a mess and getting it all over the gel coat.

2. Member
    Clean both surfaces. Buy a small can of Weldwood contact adhesive, the liquid paint on kind. Use a cheap paint brush and apply it to both surfaces. Let it set up for a couple of minutes than press the carpet back down with some pressure. This method has worked well for me. I am sure there are other products and ways to do it as well.

3. Banned
    A quick fix, good super glue; but this Weldwood contact adhesive

Go to an Upholstery shop. What they use is a spray glue for carpet. It comes in a spray can also. You spray the deck and the carpet then put the 2 together.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Weldwood made by DAP now and you can get it at Home Depot.

6. Member
    Thanks. Everyone I was not able to get weldwood but got some gorilla contact adhesive in a 4 pack of .2 oz bottles. Used one little bottle for two small corners and it did the trick. If I have a large section come loose I. The future I will get some weldwood. These spits were tiny and I just didn’t want it to spread.