Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgs1967! View Post
    The dealer has had my trade in for over a week. I dont need a boat over the next several days. Just wanted to get my new boat. It is my first new boat purchase ever.
    Congrats on the new boat, pictures would help us though

20190616_231726.jpg
    20190616_231635.jpg
    Hope to get her this week. Wasn't crazy about the green or the black or carbon, whatever it is. I just hope it isn't too hot and doesn't fade to fast.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

Another pic.
    20190616_232426.jpg
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

Very nice lookin'! Give the dealer a chance to make it right, and you'll be glad you did!

5. Member
    Nice ride! You’ll enjoy it!

6. Member
    Congrats, good luck with it and the wind's always at your back.
    Sweet, once you run it, you'll be happier than a pig in chit.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

7. Member
    Nice looking boat man. Hopefully they get ya back on the water soon.

You have a great dealer. I would never assume buying a new boat will mean it's trouble free. It's been a while, but the last 2 new ones I've bought needed trips back to the dealer for repair, and adjustments, after their maiden voyage.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinLA13 View Post
    Remember the dealer ain’t doing you a favor bro - you’re doing THEM a favor by buying a new boat from their shop. All these guys saying ‘how dare you question the dealer - and - you’re just a high maintenance customer” etc etc are are full of it … if this was their BRAND NEW sled which now needed a new part by the motor and flickering gauges replaced I guarantee you their tune would change right quick.

Now that said … it’s a Ranger the best boat in the biz and will almost positively be a dream but never think you can’t express your concerns (politely) to the dealer. It's their job to make you feel good and secure in your purchase - not the other way around.

This ignorant comment is laughable. It's apparent that you have never purchased a new boat before.

"Remember the dealer ain't doing you a favor bro" Really..?? The dealer was up front and honest with him!! The dealer is taking care of issues from the factory, which is what dealers do!!!

I would MUCH rather wait for my new boat to be fully operational and then take delivery, rather than take delivery and have the boat fail on the water, only to take it back to the dealer.

You beat up the dealer in your first paragraph, then agree with the rest of us in your second paragraph....

Grow up.

M

I called the dealer today to see how things were going. The parts will be here tomorrow. They I should be able to take delivery by Friday. Hopefully, it goes well and I will be fishing Saturday.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

Dealer called and said parts didnt come today like they said they would. They said the parts should be here by tomorrow now. If things go right I can pick my boat up Saturday. It's been a long couple of weeks. Aggrevating.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgs1967! View Post
    Dealer called and said parts didnt come today like they said they would. They said the parts should be here by tomorrow now. If things go right I can pick my boat up Saturday. It's been a long couple of weeks. Aggrevating.

STILL saving You time...

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    STILL saving You time...
    And mileage
    Mike

14. Member
    Man your dealer sounds like he really looking out for your new boat.
    I picked-my boat up dealer said water tested all is good.
    Went to lake. Boat wouldn’t steer. Never filled hydraulic flood.
    So Howed did he test it. Called him he said i was Lying never went back. *******.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos xl NC View Post
    Man your dealer sounds like he really looking out for your new boat.
    I picked-my boat up dealer said water tested all is good.
    Went to lake. Boat wouldn’t steer. Never filled hydraulic flood.
    So Howed did he test it. Called him he said i was Lying never went back. *******.
    LOL, no shit. Wow, don't know what to say.......
    Mike

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMyles View Post
    This ignorant comment is laughable. It's apparent that you have never purchased a new boat before.

"Remember the dealer ain't doing you a favor bro" Really..?? The dealer was up front and honest with him!! The dealer is taking care of issues from the factory, which is what dealers do!!!

I would MUCH rather wait for my new boat to be fully operational and then take delivery, rather than take delivery and have the boat fail on the water, only to take it back to the dealer.

You beat up the dealer in your first paragraph, then agree with the rest of us in your second paragraph....

Grow up.

M
    I would encourage you, as a rule, not to call people ignorant when they don’t have the same opinion as you ... in this case an unwavering belief that dealers are all about the customers first and foremost. They’re not ... they’re about selling & servicing boats. And in this case he’s doing both.

Last edited by BassinLA13; 06-20-2019 at 12:26 AM.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinLA13 View Post
    I would encourage you, as a rule, not to call people ignorant when they don’t have the same opinion as you ... in this case an unwavering belief that dealers are all about the customers first and foremost. They’re not ... they’re about selling & servicing boats. And in this case he’s doing both.

Nope, your comment was completely ignorant. Telling someone their dealer did them a favor by water testing so issues could be found before delivery is taken, is much different than proclaiming "dealers are all about customers first and foremost". Which by the way only YOU said. A dealer water testing a boat doesn't benefit anyone but the customer.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Nope, your comment was completely ignorant. Telling someone their dealer did them a favor by water testing so issues could be found before delivery is taken, is much different than proclaiming "dealers are all about customers first and foremost". Which by the way only YOU said. A dealer water testing a boat doesn't benefit anyone but the customer.
    Whatever bro ... you’re missing my point but sounds like you gotta win this one. So let’s call you the winner. Congratulations.

I just hope the OP gets his boat soon... esp. ‘cause apparently the dealer took his old one on trade and he’s without a ride.
    Last edited by BassinLA13; 06-20-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

Drove 2.5 hours today to see what was going on with my boat. The had it at the lake and had just come back to dealership. I'm supposed to get it in the morning. Sales guy said I could pick my old boat up today to fish until mine was ready. I couldn't find my old boat. Dealer said they are working on it
    I said where are they working on it and he said not sure. It's a small dealership and checked everywhere and no old boat. Thinking they sold it already but not sure. It was not at the dealership that is for sure.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

20. Member
    I would be very very cautious. The quality control at Ranger is not what it used to be. I have had 5 Rangers in last 15 years. Custom ordered one and took delivery in February this year. Lots of issues and problems after delivery. Also sloppy mfg clean up before boat was shipped. Less than 20 hours on boat and 4 serious QC issues and in shop now. I would tell them to keep the boat.
    2023 Ranger 521R
    Merc 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast