Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I know the feeling. Out of my 3 brand new boats 2 had issues I had to find on my own that the dealer did not catch. The reason I’m positive they didn’t even look for it considering it had no gas in the tank so they couldn’t have started the motor. Very frustrating since I was 2 hrs away from dealer. Be glad they found it you would have been a lot more frustrated if you found the issue yourself on the first trip with your new boat.

2. Member
    Completely unacceptable demand a 2020 boat for the same price if not take your money elsewhere that will show him who’s boss..
    2015 189 trx

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Yes, the E-Tec has digitally controlled power steering [most do]. Let’s just be calm and let the OP/customer take it from here. He has all the cards, so he can choose the path that seems best to him from his available options. Any one of us can fall into a similar situation [and probably have], with a boat or car/truck purchase. If you haven’t, brace yourself! Your turn is coming.
    This is the OP. You are spot on about the digital power steering. The GM couldn't tell me exactly what wrong with it.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by jt c View Post
    I know the feeling. Out of my 3 brand new boats 2 had issues I had to find on my own that the dealer did not catch. The reason I’m positive they didn’t even look for it considering it had no gas in the tank so they couldn’t have started the motor. Very frustrating since I was 2 hrs away from dealer. Be glad they found it you would have been a lot more frustrated if you found the issue yourself on the first trip with your new boat.
    I'm 2.5 hours from the dealer too.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    Completely unacceptable demand a 2020 boat for the same price if not take your money elsewhere that will show him who’s boss..
    Lol.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    OP, you're off your rocker man....Your dealer did his job which a lot of them don't, didn't give you a faulty product, and now you're pissed?!?! Clearly you think the better option here is to take a boat out with faulty steering and potentially injure yourself and others?!?!
    I'm not pissed at all. Just frustrated. Thought they were calling to say it was ready and didnt expect a problem already. I was very nice when I talked to them. Things happen.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by moetorola View Post
    Seriously,,4 or 5 days and your pissed!
    Your one of THOSE customers.

Sounds like you have a great dealer!!
    Be patient!!!
    I'm not pissed just disappointed. I'm being patient. Lol
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by champ223 View Post
    it says it has a evinrude. He may have one with built in electric steering this would explain the “update” thing. I’m sure it has software involved
    Yes, it has an Evinrude with power steering.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Do we know that the dealer has his 2014? Or is it still at home? If he’s boatless and needs a boat in the next 3 days, by all means ask them for one to use. I suggest the one that he just traded in. They also should bring it to him. Just good business, and despite the dealership’s best intentions, they should not have waited until the zero hour to get his boat ready.
    The dealer has had my trade in for over a week. I dont need a boat over the next several days. Just wanted to get my new boat. It is my first new boat purchase ever.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    Rather than demand a new boat, I'd thank the dealer for doing his due dillagence by doing a thorough on the water test. The new boat bug can make one antsy and it's easy for another person to say "take a deep breath" but give your dealer some time to work things out. It sound like they're looking out for your best interests.
    I agree with you.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

11. Member
    This is Ranger's or Evinrude's problem, not the dealer's. Go belly ache to them. Your dealer did you a favor catching the issue.

12. Member
    going to love the G2 in the end!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

13. Member
    Credit to them for doing a water check. Honestly the only thing you should see out of this situation is that you seem to have bought from a a great dealer.

14. Member
    Please be happy that your dealer is up front with you and wanting to provide you with a boat that is safe and water ready!

15. Member
    he's probably waiting for a power purge to properly bleed the steering - some think they can do without but it's needed.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    he's probably waiting for a power purge to properly bleed the steering - some think they can do without but it's needed.
    He called this morning and said there was air in the system. He said they purged it. I asked if they power purged it or did it manually and he didnt know but said it's good to go. They are replacing a part somewhere near the motor also. He then said the gauges on the dash were flickering and Ranger is sending them a new one. Hopefully, it all gets fixed right.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

17. Banned
    Picture if You will...

Dealer cuts corners and doesn't do a "water test" Y'all run the now 6+ hr drive (You'd be towing now...) And then get it all ready for tomorrow's 'Maiden Voyage'..

Y'all get up at 0 dark:30 and head to the lake...

You get to the first spot and then it takes a dump, or worse, You're not able to control the boat due to 'faulty steering'....

The Dealer is saving You ALL sorts of headaches and saving You your most valuable asset, Your time.

And "No" on the poll re: towing w/a cover...

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgs1967! View Post
    He called this morning and said there was air in the system. He said they purged it. I asked if they power purged it or did it manually and he didnt know but said it's good to go. They are replacing a part somewhere near the motor also. He then said the gauges on the dash were flickering and Ranger is sending them a new one. Hopefully, it all gets fixed right.
    Remember the dealer ain’t doing you a favor bro - you’re doing THEM a favor by buying a new boat from their shop. All these guys saying ‘how dare you question the dealer - and - you’re just a high maintenance customer” etc etc are are full of it … if this was their BRAND NEW sled which now needed a new part by the motor and flickering gauges replaced I guarantee you their tune would change right quick.

Now that said … it’s a Ranger the best boat in the biz and will almost positively be a dream but never think you can’t express your concerns (politely) to the dealer. It's their job to make you feel good and secure in your purchase - not the other way around.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

19. Member
    just be patient they will fix it. When I bought my boat back in 2003 the first day I put it in the water i found out that it would not shift back into neutral and almost crash it on shore. I took it back to the dealer and they swap out the lower unit while I was there (it was all hands on deck so to speak) but they fixed it and gave me a ton of sorries and I said that it was ok and I understand things happen. They were so happy they thought I was gonna flip out on them. Now if i ever have an issue I call them and they are so nice and help me over the phone as much as they can. They are so nice so sometimes if your cool about things they will remember this and help you out when they can. Look at it this way lucky they found it on the test and not driving WOT down the river. they wil take care you dont worry ok,,....itl be ok you just be patient maybe god has a reason for keeping you off the water for now (lots of debris in the wate bc all this rain). sorry for your issue but take it in stride. Hope this helps.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Perez View Post
    Sure it’s frustrating but wouldn’t you rather be sure it’s 100 percent right or let you leave with it only have to return for correcting something that should have been right from the start!
    just saying
    Couldn't have said it any better, that's why we always test run a boat going out of Jet a Marina and you know a lot of the time something isn't right, most of the time its a simple fix.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast