Mangan Cove Parking at the Pack

Hey guys,

I had a couple dumb rookie questions for the Pack experts....

I was thinking of renting a house with the family on the lake later this summer which has a dock for the boat, but there isn't good parking for the truck and trailer there, so I was thinking about leaving the truck/trailer there over the weekend.

If I launch in Mangan, are you allowed to leave a truck and trailer overnight?

If so, is it a relatively safe area to leave the vehicle/trailer for a couple days?

Thanks much!!!!!

RL

2. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Yes, you can leave a truck and trailer there over night. I wouldn't leave it a very long time tho. There is not great lighting and is not patrolled very much. You would be better off finding a private launch/parking area to leave it. It may cost some but they are safe and insured

3. Member
    I would check The Capri and as about possible leaving it at there launch, I wouldnt leave it at Mangan overnight, hell,, I dont like leaving mine there for a fewhours
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

Thanks guys, appreciate the insights.

In addition to the Capri, are there any other private launches around the lake that you suggest.

Thanks again

5. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Lund View Post
    Thanks guys, appreciate the insights.

In addition to the Capri, are there any other private launches around the lake that you suggest.

Thanks again
    http://wallenpaupack.uslakes.info/POI/Boat-Ramps/

6. Member
    There are lots of summer weekend overnight tournaments out of Mangan. I've never heard of an issue with the parking lot.