Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Polaris Ranger - 2 seater versus 4 seater - Pros and Cons

Looking to get a new Polaris Ranger 1000cc. Really leaning towards the 4 seater for family room. This machine will be used mainly for leisure riding and bird hunting, will be used some for working, etc.

Questions:

1. Has anyone ever regretted on getting the 4 seater when it comes to manueverability or access??

2. What are must haves options that you would need?? (winch, radio, etc.)

3. Has anyone ever wish they got a golf cart instead for quietness??

Thanks guys......opinions needed.

2. Member
    I don't have a 4 seat buggy, I have the Can Am X3 1000 Turbo 2 seat. I do see a lot of the 4 seat cars on our trails where I live and in the U.P. of Michigan. They are big but as long as you have wide enough trails, you should be fine.

The must haves would be a winch, roof, the split windshield, cargo box and a stereo to drown out the engine noise, mirrors, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

You will need a rather large trailer to haul it around. I had to order a 22' long trailer to haul my car and my friend's 2 up quad.

They are a blast to ride around. I have several friends that own buggys and we like to ride them in the spring and fall because it's too dusty in the summer.

Good luck!

M

3. Member
    Give Pro X in Ooltewah, TN a call.
    Second largest Polaris dealer in the US.
    https://www.proxpowersports.com

4. Banned
    The 4 seater is like trying to turn around a cruise ship in tight quarters. I ultimately went back to a 2 seater for that reason alone.

We have a crew on the farm with the dump bed. The dogs sure like the back seat. I've never considered going with 2 seats.

6. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMyles View Post
    ...The must haves would be a winch, roof, the split windshield...
    Yep.

I'd also add power steering (especially on the bigger machine) and make sure your trailer has a gate of sufficient length so as not to get high-centered with the 4-seater.
    Who controls John Gill?

7. Member
    I have a 1000 premium 2 seater. Must have options are a full cab with glass front and rear windshields. I also have solid doors with roll down windows. If you get doors you have to get either roll down or electric windows. It will get too hot in the cab if you don’t. I also have a stereo. I would not get one without power steering it’s a must. My next add on will be to get windows tinted and then a good light bar.

The only drawback to the crew models are the added length.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Give Pro X in Ooltewah, TN a call.
    Second largest Polaris dealer in the US.
    https://www.proxpowersports.com
    I wouldn't be surprised if our local dealer, Shoals Outdoor Sports is the #1 dealer. ShoalsOutdoorSports.com

I've seen customers come all the way from Miami to buy $23K Razors from them. We're an hour west of the factory and 2 hrs. NW of Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint River Nut View Post
    Looking to get a new Polaris Ranger 1000cc. Really leaning towards the 4 seater for family room. This machine will be used mainly for leisure riding and bird hunting, will be used some for working, etc.

Questions:

1. Has anyone ever regretted on getting the 4 seater when it comes to manueverability or access??

2. What are must haves options that you would need?? (winch, radio, etc.)

3. Has anyone ever wish they got a golf cart instead for quietness??

Thanks guys......opinions needed.

Are you looking at new or used? We have a place in az (where they are street legal), a lot of people use them like a car. You can pick up used ones for a good chunk off retail if you shop around. AZ has a ton of them, 1 selling dealer in the country is out there as well.

we have a golf cart, and the rzr...golf cart for running around, RZR for the fun stuff.

Your accessories will largely depend on what you plan to use it for. Only advice is buy the 4door.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyles View Post

we like to ride them in the spring and fall because it's too dusty in the summer.

M
    say what ?

oh my, shit, no, the dust from this off roading is just terrible.....

and a stereo to drown out the engine noise

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

12. Member
    Abernathy's cycle in Union City TN is listed as the nations largest polaris ATV and UTV dealer in the Nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if our local dealer, Shoals Outdoor Sports is the #1 dealer. ShoalsOutdoorSports.com

I've seen customers come all the way from Miami to buy $23K Razors from them. We're an hour west of the factory and 2 hrs. NW of Birmingham.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

Quote Originally Posted by shortstick View Post
    Abernathy's cycle in Union City TN is listed as the nations largest polaris ATV and UTV dealer in the Nation.
    AZ West in Arizona is one of the top as well...the Red color is named Havasu Red for a reason.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass0112 View Post
    The 4 seater is like trying to turn around a cruise ship in tight quarters. I ultimately went back to a 2 seater for that reason alone.
    This^^^^^ and unless you do a lift it high centers easier. I got rid of my crew quick and went back to the single seat. I have the last year they made the Browning edition and also have a hunters edition. Cheaper to by those models with the winch etc on them then to add them on a lower end model.

15. Member
    I drove one of those things on the hunting property a few years back. I do not know why people like them so much. To me a traditional 4 wheeler is more user friendly and able to get over fallen logs easier. On a farm those things make more sense but not in the woods.

16. Member
    And all these must haves including the Polaris Ranger Roof, Windshields, and Winches are available at the Kemimoto. Must check out the new deals.
    Last edited by empini1c; 06-22-2023 at 01:21 PM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstick View Post
    It's called I-69 Motorsports now.

18. Member
    I have a 2 seater...wife and i with the lab up front. My 2 daughters ride in the bed cuz they love too lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

19. Member
    Hopefully OP has finally made up his mind after 4 years of pondering the question.

20. Member
    Yamaha viking love it and you get 3 seats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast