Pro XS riggin tube

Anyone know where to get this and how hard is it to install? Mine was rubbing my splashwell so i shortened it a tad and it ended up breaking on me eventually.

2. Member
    I cut mine out and went with the TH Marine soft zippered cover.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

3. Member
    ive considered doing that also. Fairly simple to do?

4. Scraps
    I bet it's a royal PITA to replace with a stock tube. Gotta unhook all the cables and rerun them through the new tube. Maybe it's easier than I'm thinking. I cut mine to make it fit better. Took me an hour to figure out that the tube is REALLY threaded into the cowling!!!!
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GBhoss View Post
    I cut mine out and went with the TH Marine soft zippered cover.
    I did this on my last boat but won’t do it again. It simply wears out fast due to it is just cloth
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I bet it's a royal PITA to replace with a stock tube. Gotta unhook all the cables and rerun them through the new tube. Maybe it's easier than I'm thinking. I cut mine to make it fit better. Took me an hour to figure out that the tube is REALLY threaded into the cowling!!!!
    Yeah ive been thinking the same thing. Not really looking forward to it. Plus i just saw them on TH marines website, $200+

7. Member
    When mine broke another guy told me just cut it a little shorter and forget about it , he was right never had a problem after.

8. Member
    They aren't that big of a job to replace. I've done a few of them. I took a few pictures with my cell phone of the routing and made some notes before starting the job. Took less than 45 minutes to replace.
    I bought my kits off of eBay and saved a few bucks. $200 seems awful steep.

9. Member
    The most expensive cheap assed shop vac hose on the planet. I bought my boat w/ 36 hours and a torn rigging tube. I replaced it on the long side knowing this poorly designed piece of shit would rip again. 200+ hours later and the cheap ass shopvac hose is holding out. Unfortunately it's done a number on my splash well.

10. Member
    I just picked up 10’ of 2.5” split wire loom on Amazon for $35. The stock one ripped just in front of the engine after I shortened it because it was rubbing the splashwell bad.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Duck View Post
    I just picked up 10’ of 2.5” split wire loom on Amazon for $35. The stock one ripped just in front of the engine after I shortened it because it was rubbing the splashwell bad.
    Thats exactly where and what mine did. I shortened it to keep from rubbing the splashwell and about 3 months later it ripped in that same location. So now i have a scuffed up splashwell and a torn riggin tube.

But good to know on the wire loom, i think i may go that route.

12. Member
    I actually think shortening the tube made the rubbing problem worse and then caused the tube to split prematurely. Probably should have just left it alone. To replace it, I used two pieces of split loom. The first one I ran a little long, collapsed it a little and used some tape in several spots so it would hold its shape. I slipped the second piece over the first and wrapped a cable tie at each end. Doesn’t look too bad, we’ll see how it holds up.

13. Member
    Were you still able to screw/thread it into the motor and on the other end in the splashwell like the original one is?

14. Member
    My boat was almost 2 years old when I bought it from the first owner. It was already cracked at the cowling. I cut it off at the crack, took threaded the end out of the cowling and threaded the remainder back in until it bottomed out. Haven’t had any trouble since.
    2015 Phoenix 819