93+ Install/Power cable

Getting ready to install my unit on the dash and the power harness pigtail has the obvious power leads,
    but what are the other two leads brown and blue ones used for? Excuse my ignorance but I have no manual for install

2. Member
    They are for data transfer to other compatible Garmin chart plotters. The manual says that with the ECHOMAP™ Plus 70/90 devices, the blue and brown wires are used to connect to NMEA® 0183 devices only.

The complete page of manuals available ...installation, owner's manual, etc ...are located here:

https://support.garmin.com/support/m...=en&country=US

Good luck, I'm in the process of installing my EM Plus 93sv also.

3. Member
    Thanks Big Country 69

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    More than likely you wont be using those wires. Just tape them off.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    I probably will use the NMEA data cable to my Mercury engine in the future to be able to see it on the screen, I liked that feature on my Bay boat
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    More than likely you wont be using those wires. Just tape them off.

6. Member
    do you have any info on how that works? I have a 99 merc 150 EFI and would really like to have the engine data on the graph. My motor may be too old for that though.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    I probably will use the NMEA data cable to my Mercury engine in the future to be able to see it on the screen, I liked that feature on my Bay boat
    More than likely you will use the NMEA 2000 connector on the back of the Garmin cradle for that - not the power cord NMEA 0183 wires. IIRC only NMEA 2000 network supports engine parameters.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hambandit View Post
    do you have any info on how that works? I have a 99 merc 150 EFI and would really like to have the engine data on the graph. My motor may be too old for that though.
    If your motor is compatible with the smart craft you would need to get a gateway or Merc monitor and then that would connect to N2K network....now next thing is money...you probably looking at about $400 to $600 just to get going plus another $100 or so for the network cables.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS