Pickwick Water Level during Dam Repair

Anyone heard what level the lake will be drawn down to during the two year project? I have heard rumors of a drastic level drop for the entire project. Could not find any information on the TVA sites.

2. Banned
    It's not really very clear if the water levels will change. Pretty doubtful. Looks like they're reinforcing the bottom side of the dirt portion of the dam--cutting back trees, etc. They're putting in with massive amounts of rock and sand.

Must not be that technical of a job if they're using local contractors to complete the job.

3. Member
    Water level was about a foot low yesterday but likely has to do with being ready to handle more rain.

Quote Originally Posted by liveforthethump View Post
    Anyone heard what level the lake will be drawn down to during the two year project? I have heard rumors of a drastic level drop for the entire project. Could not find any information on the TVA sites.
    Level can be monitored on my site.

"TVA will be using one million tons of rock and sand to reinforce the dam, that's equal to 300 Saturn V rockets. They will also be using all local contractors on the project. If your wondering what it would look like if the dam were to breach Auld said it would be similar to flooding in 2013 in Savannah, Tennessee. "What we want to do is educate the people. So people who flooded prior to that process would see the same form of flooding should a seismic event occur of that nature that would cause any sort of breach in the dam," said Auld.
    TVA said river navigation will not be effected by this project. The work on forming the berms will start this fall and the project will be done in about two years."