Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    check out the Okuma spinning reels that TW has on clearance. you can get them on Ebay for about $60-65 depending on size i bought one of the 30 size reels, super lightweight, but a bit small for a 30 size reek, I would probably get the 35. I like the reel well enough that I ordered 2 more
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    I had 2 of the Stradic Ci4s when I was looking for another spinning reel. The local independent sportshop was trying to get me into a Daiwa Ballistic, which felt real nice, but I just couldn't make the change. I now of 3 of the Ci4s.

The only thing I don't like on the newer Ci4s is you don't have the ability to turn the brake off and backreel. The older versions you can, but the newer ones it's all drag. If that makes a difference to you, the Daiwas may be what you'll want to look at, either the Ballistic or the Tatula. When it comes time to add another one or replace a reel, I may give the Daiwas a chance.
    I bought two Sahara FEs for my wife the other day and I noticed the same thing with them. The older models she has do have that capability. Must be the latest and greatest thing.

3. Member
    Go with the Shimano Stradic.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    I just bought a Pflueger Supreme XT, seems like a nice reel, time will tell.
    This. This reel made me not hate finesse fishing as much. The only step up is the Patriarch/Patriarch XT, but these are butter smooth and light.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12