Banned

Finally Caught Some Decent Fish

No pics.. dammit.. Most know, I don't own a boat, fish subdivision ponds...

Fishing has flat sucked at my ponds in the subdivision I live in. I know there are big ones (4s and 5s) in them, but weather/not being able to wet a line much has lead to being very frustrated. Well that changed last night for the one hour I walked the ponds.

Tied on a Spro Poppin Frog and apparently the bass had never seen it before. Caught two 4s, lost an absolute freaking giant and a whole bunch of other blowups that got the heart racing.. The second 4# missed it on the initial bite, came back and created a void in the water when it hit it again.. Both the 4s had huge bellies on them, crazy, but I don't think they had spawned yet.. Hoping the weather cooperates tonight and the freaking giant has a short memory

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    That sounds like fun! To me, nothing beats a good top water bite!
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Glad you had a good time! Lots of good ones to be caught out of ponds like that and even better when they're crushin frogs.

4. Member
    Nice

5. Member
    Oh they spawned a long time ago...especially in ponds

Last edited by fishinarc; 11-03-2022 at 04:37 AM.

7. Member
    Surface temp is surface only. What was your surface temp? Over weekend, water temp at Brookville was 71.5 avg. a lot colder deeper you go.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinarc View Post
    No too sure about this.. At a tournament this past week at Geist Reservoir there were over 275 bass were weighed in. Well over three quarters had bloody tails. With a full moon this week, it appears the majority of fish are just now completing the dance..
    Thanks for the back up of my thoughts.. just because I don't own a boat and fish subdivision ponds doesn't mean I don't know what a getting ready to spawn fish looks like

9. Member
    Most of the fish I have caught for last month in Patoka have been pre spawn. I have found a few post spawn, but most were still full of eggs and ready to spawn.