speed control module

I have a motorguide 70lb variable tour edition troller of which the speed control module is broken ,is there a way that i can bypass the module that i can at least use it,this is the earlier Bill Dance series and i understand there is not a replacement ,i include a photo ,thankstrolingmotr.jpg

2. Member
    You can not. you have to have the module for the motor to work.

3. Member
    i see there is a module part no. M899381T will it work on this trolling motor serial no 9B813555? Anybody pls

4. Member
    Based on the Serial number it comes to a Tour edition. Based on the module number MXC096065 it is a good number but, a dealer has to buy it. I have never seen this module before. The pre-X5 troll motors which are the tours that part number is M899371T. It runs about $185.00. I would bring this troll motor to a dealer/repair shop. That is a little before I got in the business. Maybe John Jones may be able to help.

5. Member
    I'm showing that serial number in a 70# unit to use module M899371T. We have these in stock. I don't remember a M899381T and that number, nor the number on the M899371T's superseded, does not show up in my Motorguide parts guide.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    John
    I check the part number on the module in the picture and it crossed to that Mosfit number, but said it was available and can not be purchased by customers.
    I too got the same result with the S/N. I agree with you on that issue.

7. Member
    Thanks for the replies so what is your best price mr Jones with the shipping overseas?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvdm View Post
    Thanks for the replies so what is your best price mr Jones with the shipping overseas?
    Unfortunately we do not ship overseas. I didn't notice your location when I answered. It could be a different module for a motor that is sent overseas. Many times, due to RF frequencies, the same module cannot be used in the states and overseas both.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]