Vessel View Install Question

Serial number 2B637409, 2019 Mercury Pro XS 175, got the vessel view mobile to keep up with engine hours. I'm not seeing a yellow terminator plug. There is a red one at the back of the engine. Does anybody know if that's it?

2. Member
    Got an email back from Mercury. Maybe this will help someone else with the new v6 and v8 motors.

Thank you for your feedback regarding VesselView Mobile. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

On the V6 and V8 engine platforms the terminator resistor will be on the rear of the engine behind the electrical panel, and it is red instead of yellow. We are currently updating our instruction sheets to reflect these changes. You will first need to remove the electrical panel and remove the terminator resistor. Now remove the weather cap from the VesselView module pigtail. From here the installation will be easier from inside the boat with the engine trimmed all the way up. You need to install the module from the top down on this engine. Start by routing the harness and pigtail one connector at a time behind the horizontal hose on the rear of the engine. Then route the harness straight down the back of the engine, making a turn to follow along the outside of the bottom of the electrical panel area, then up and into the plug on the engine. Now take your red terminator resistor and plug it into the open plug on the VesselView module pigtail. From here just zip tie the module to the hose on top of the engine near the lifting eye. I have included a diagram and the green dotted line shows the path the harness should take. This is the proper way to install the module on these engines. If you simply plug the module in and tuck it in the lower cowl you will likely experience interference and the Bluetooth will not perfom as it should.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That works well. There are several other acceptable routing variations as well.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    That is for the Blue tooth application. I would think around the side would be better for the cable, Starboard seems logical as the port side will have moving parts with throttle levers.. but sometime mercury has a recommendation and that is usually for a reason.. Would rather do it once correctly.. lol