Lews super duty G with flipping switch problems?

I bought (2) of these to use as my flipping reals. After a month of use one of the flipping switch springs broke. After (3) phone calls over the last 3 weeks I’m hopefully getting a couple of new springs (fingers crossed). First, has any one of you had the same issue with these reels? I’m assuming since there are no springs readily available it is an issue for them. Secondly how has your experience with the parts department been at Lews? I’ve heard “hmmm...that weird, seems your order is incomplete” to many times now. I’m a Shimano guy but really liked these Lews reels, hopefully they can get it straightened out.

2. Banned
    I dont like reels with "flipping switches" due to the increase in moving parts. Lews customer service has been nothing but stellar for me with my customers that fish them, and a lot do. I do steer them away from buying those particular reels though, and tell them to get the regular model instead. The Super Duty is a great reel though.

3. Member
    Flippin switches are so 90's

I've had nothing but superb customer service from Lew's when I have ordered parts.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I have one of those reels and I don't use the flipping switch so I can't comment on that but I will point out that another reason for not having spare parts could be no one has had any issues. You don't need parts for something no one ha broken. I've only had to deal with Lew's once on parts and the exceeding my expectations on the level of service.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow