ZX250 Prop question

Hey Guys

I am running the stock 25 T2 on my 2018 ZX250. It hits the limiter too easily. H20 is around 10 with my Atlas around 12-13 and speed being around 72.

Question is I want to send this prop in to get worked(balanced and add cup) and want to grab another prop as a spare. I can get a 26 FXP for a good price. Will it spin efficiently or better than my 25 T2? Ultimately I would like to use my 25T2 as my summer prop and the second as my Spring/Fall prop. Holeshot is immaculate with the 25T2. Maybe 1/4 throttle to get it on plane.

Opinions from experience are appreciated.

Thanks
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

2018 Skeeter ZX250 250 Yamaha SHO

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rxskeeter View Post
    Hey Guys

I am running the stock 25 T2 on my 2018 ZX250. It hits the limiter too easily. H20 is around 10 with my Atlas around 12-13 and speed being around 72.

Question is I want to send this prop in to get worked(balanced and add cup) and want to grab another prop as a spare. I can get a 26 FXP for a good price. Will it spin efficiently or better than my 25 T2? Ultimately I would like to use my 25T2 as my summer prop and the second as my Spring/Fall prop. Holeshot is immaculate with the 25T2. Maybe 1/4 throttle to get it on plane.

Opinions from experience are appreciated.

Thanks

I think you are too high on your jack plate for starters. If I run mine that high I get a lot of slip. Seems to run best around 8-9 on my atlas. That should bring your RPMS down. Hitting the limiter at 72 indicates slip as well.

3. Member
    I normally run at 7-9 as that gets me in the high 60's and best maneuverability but if im trying to max out my rig I will bring my JP up where I still have stable water pressure. I know my stock prop is slipping hence why I want to take it in and have it worked.
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

2018 Skeeter ZX250 250 Yamaha SHO

4. Member
    Still not making sense of your maxing out your rig statement. You should be able to get or get close to the limiter with your jackplate between 7-9. If you need to raise your jackplate, you may be trimming out too far. You could get your T-2 worked but its not going to be a night and day difference. T-1/T-2's are the best all around performing props on your boat. I had a learning curve when I bought my FX-21 last year and have tried 4 different props to see what it likes. I learned it likes what the factory puts on them. With mine, keeping the JP at 8-9 and not over trimming on top end gets me another 2-3 mph. If I overtrim or run too high, all I see is around 70
    Last edited by waknbass; 06-14-2019 at 08:22 AM.