Family vacation ideas

Looking for recommendations in Wisconsin for a family vacation in July. Looking for something relaxing away from the hustle of real life. Smallmouth and crappie would be the desired fish. Especially for the kids. Any resort recommendations? Thanks

2. Member
    A true family vacation should involve a destination - like a theme park - with many attractions along the way. Love the one we did once a while back where we packed the whole family into the car and drove all the way across the country. Saw lots of sights along the way - Largest Ball of Yarn, the Grand Canyon, etc. Wife's crazy aunt and redneck family had to semi-ruin the trip, but it was all good in the end!

I've got video of it too. Will share if interested.

-b-

3. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bzbrent View Post
    A true family vacation should involve a destination - like a theme park - with many attractions along the way. Love the one we did once a while back where we packed the whole family into the car and drove all the way across the country. Saw lots of sights along the way - Largest Ball of Yarn, the Grand Canyon, etc. Wife's crazy aunt and redneck family had to semi-ruin the trip, but it was all good in the end!

-b-
    Theme Parks and other people traps are the easiest way to ruin a vacation.....
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

4. Member

-b-
    That's what we do in the winter/ spring. Summer vacation is relaxing and quiet before the hustle and bustle of school starts again.

Something along the Mississippi river. Not really any resorts that I know of but lots of motels and camp grounds. You can even rent house boats. Lots of beaches for the kids and endless panfishing to be had. The river is fairly quiet during the week.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Theme Parks and other people traps are the easiest way to ruin a vacation.....
    You've seen my video?

-b-

7. Member
    I still can't believe that the theme park owner didn't press charges!

You've seen my video?

-b-

Don't forget to pick up your favorite Aunt on the way.

9. Member
    The Hayward area offers a lot of quiet and some good fishing. The Chippewa Flowage is a great place.

10. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar

-b-

Don't forget to include the beloved family pet.
    Who controls John Gill?

pick one of the northwoods lakes and get a cabin. While not technically the northwoods - we went to the Minocqua area a few years ago and it was quite peaceful. Enough things in the area for a rainy day or some other day you wont be fishing - but enough fishing as well.

12. Member
    Northern Michigan..Maybe even the upper peninsula around pictured rocks..Then drop down and fish out of escanaba..You can hit the tourist traps around the Mackinac bridge on your way up to keep the family happy..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

-b-
    Thats a good urn right there
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

14. Member
    Stayed at www.harvsvacationrentals.com the leisure resort on Big St. Germain a couple years ago with the family...it was a great time. Centrally located around Minocqua, Eagle River, and Rhinelander. Smallmouth fishing was good with plenty of 3-4 pounders on topwater.

15. Banned
    We just returned from almost 3 weeks in Spain and Paris. Had very cheap flights, but ooooh were hotels in Paris expensive with Women's Football Tourney and the French Open (Tennis) going on. I'm going to hate seeing my Visa. If I can stay out of the big, expensive cities, our European trips are cheaper than all my friends spend in Gulf Coast condos for a week.

But the most reasonable and beautiful place I know of is the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. Motels are cheap, and Dollywood is probably the finest theme park for the money spent. They also have an incredible new water park.

For fishing trips, the finest big smallmouth and big catfish lake around is in my front yard, so we're spoiled.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    Northern Michigan..Maybe even the upper peninsula around pictured rocks..Then drop down and fish out of escanaba..You can hit the tourist traps around the Mackinac bridge on your way up to keep the family happy..
    Torch Lake. Most beautiful lake in the country

17. Member
    This is my favorite place to go. If you can be there 4th of July they put on an unbelievable fireworks show. Hayward WI is a great tourist town. Old Southern BBQ is famous Dave's new business.

https://4seasons-resort.com

Quote Originally Posted by catjuggin View Post
    Thats a good urn right there
    Who's ashes are in the urn, and can you post a few pictures of it?
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.