Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I would have thought if it is a heat issue the guy's in the South would be having them big time! No doubt they run hot.
    Fished the last two Mondays with temps in the 100's, both units worked flawless

Quote Originally Posted by bassketcase05 View Post
    I have had this exact same issue this year...It seems to have appeared after the previous software update. SOOOOO frustrating! $6000+ worth of electronics that bug out. Following this thread.
    bassketcase05 welcome to the club, our numbers keep growing

It’s been 6+ weeks since HB was made aware of this issue so maybe we will see an update soon

Yes doing all of these restores is wearing thin and even with the saved menu settings there are too many things that are not saved during this process

Your Favorite Views
    Your custom views
    Heading Offsets > it doesn’t save this setting at all anytime you restart the unit this info is gone
    Temp Offset > it doesn’t save this setting at all anytime you restart the unit this info is gone

Not to mention they still need to get rid of the mandatory clone of boat icons, track style and color
    why both units have to use the same boat icon and tracks is beyond me
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassketcase05 View Post
    I have had this exact same issue this year...It seems to have appeared after the previous software update. SOOOOO frustrating! $6000+ worth of electronics that bug out. Following this thread.
    What issue are you referring to? Michigan angler has dozens!

. A lot of the same issues. Like every other time out on the water, the GPS locks up, won't read the map card, sonar bugs out, etc. Then have to do a factory default reset, and it won't let me export menu settings, or encrypt a valid SD card, so on and so on...

2018 Cougar FTD/V8 250 Pro XS
    Colin Maple, Ft. Wayne IN
    IRONHEAD JIG Co. EST 2010

LOL

Not quite Dozens

Map/chart locks up, Sonar jitters and or locks up Due to the memory not saving the settings correctly

Others everyone one has including you
    Heading Offsets and Temp Offset doesn’t get saved on any SOLIX unit anytime you restart the unit this info is gone (Try it and see)
    Mandatory Cloning of the Boat Icon and Track style and color (Try it and see)
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    I didn't count them but it seems like there is a new one every day. I will try some of the ones you mentioned but it seems you use each and every option and I don't even use most of those things. I only use the things I need to go fishing. Your lakes and fishing style must be way more sophisticated than mine. Bob

I didn't count them but it seems like there is a new one every day. I will try some of the ones you mentioned but it seems you use each and every option and I don't even use most of those things. I only use the things I need to go fishing. Your lakes and fishing style must be way more sophisticated than mine. Bob
    LOL I don’t know about sophisticated but these clear big water smallmouths are a breed of their own
    And when you’re looking at over 600+ square miles of fishable water you need to narrow it down fast

So I setup my console unit to do just that, then once I find an area to fish I setup my bow unit for that

I like to play with and try each and every option a product offers and if they can help me even in the slightest I’ll utilize it and if I find it does not do what it’s promised to do I think it should be fixed
    "The handicapped angler"

8. Member
    I think you and I are very different. I try to simplify the details and boil things down to what I need over time. I like to have choices but don't need to choose them all. You are correct that if it is a feature it should work. I just don't care to look for something not working. I will complain if something I need is not working and you have the same prerogative. Good luck in your quests. Bob

I do a factory restore every couple of weeks. I’ve found that a Nav restore is typically needed as well so whenever a unit starts to act strange, I just restore everything the next day in the garage. I think it’s driven by the unit somehow creating a corrupt WP. I ve had a few that were off the coast of Africa. And EVERY time I export nav data and then import the same file, I get the message that all Nav data was imported. Something is definitely funky.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    I do a factory restore every couple of weeks. I’ve found that a Nav restore is typically needed as well so whenever a unit starts to act strange, I just restore everything the next day in the garage. I think it’s driven by the unit somehow creating a corrupt WP. I ve had a few that were off the coast of Africa. And EVERY time I export nav data and then import the same file, I get the message that all Nav data was imported. Something is definitely funky.
    Yea that sounds about right

There is clearly a bug in the system

I was really hoping we would see an update by now or at least before the season is over so we can at least test it
    "The handicapped angler"

Could any of this be tied to boot up order?

Some devices when booted want to have the network available as it boots, other devices want to boot up and then connect to the network.
    On my boat I have the 5 port switch wired so I can turn it off so it doesnt constantly draw power when the boat isnt used. Both Solix are wired direct, so their powered by their own on off buttons.

Has anyone played with starting the units and then turning on the switch or having the switch on before booting the units?
    Are you booting both units at the same time or fully booting one unit and then the other?

These could all play a part in how the network is connected to each unit and ultimately (possibly) cause some problems with sharing and data transfer.

I know that some devices on my home network want the network available during its boot process and others want to boot and then be connected to the network.

Just throwing it out there as an idea to think about...
    Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link

Quote Originally Posted by einsteins View Post
    Could any of this be tied to boot up order?

Some devices when booted want to have the network available as it boots, other devices want to boot up and then connect to the network.
    On my boat I have the 5 port switch wired so I can turn it off so it doesnt constantly draw power when the boat isnt used. Both Solix are wired direct, so their powered by their own on off buttons.

Has anyone played with starting the units and then turning on the switch or having the switch on before booting the units?
    Are you booting both units at the same time or fully booting one unit and then the other?

These could all play a part in how the network is connected to each unit and ultimately (possibly) cause some problems with sharing and data transfer.

I know that some devices on my home network want the network available during its boot process and others want to boot and then be connected to the network.

Just throwing it out there as an idea to think about...

My SOP would be to power the Ethernet switch first and about a minute later power the console unit then the bow unit once I get to my first spot

I run my Ethernet switch/hub on a power switch and several times I forgot to power it up until I noticed the bow unit had no link to the Ultrex or ability to see the map on the second unit

At first I thought I had a whole new issue until I had that moment and hit the switch to power up the hub

Once the switch/hub was powered up it took about a full minute before I got connection to the Ultrex and second unit as expected and all worked well and depending on the trip cycle I was on I would see the same issues as anticipated depending on how many trips I had since the last factory restore

Wasn’t a planned test but clearly showed that the order of power up plays no role in my issues
    "The handicapped angler"

I see someone with a couple of G2’s networked posting issues with the chart/mapping I’m curious if it’s the same issue (Sounds like it)

I have refrained from posting in that thread until they go through the standard suggestions – low voltage, corrupt waypoint and so on

still hoping for an update before the end of the season
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I see someone with a couple of G2’s networked posting issues with the chart/mapping I’m curious if it’s the same issue (Sounds like it)

I have refrained from posting in that thread until they go through the standard suggestions – low voltage, corrupt waypoint and so on

still hoping for an update before the end of the season
    There will have to be an update for the new MEGA 360.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    There will have to be an update for the new MEGA 360.
    Well at this point I wish they would put a rush on it

Went out yesterday (5th trip on a fresh restore) before we even got on the water I told the guy I was fishing with that I was expecting trouble

Right on schedule bow units chart locks up

No big deal I’m only 6 miles from the nearest shore line so who needs a GPS

After a handful of reboots, restores and import of setting I got them to a point I could live with

Note: when you do a restore of anything on one unit it forces the other unit to restore/reboot as well
    And then you have to import settings on both
    "The handicapped angler"

16. Member
    You should always disconnect any multiple units from the network when restoring another unit. Restore one, set it up and make sure it’s the master. Restore the second one, reconnect to the network then sync the network from the master. Imo your issues are all setup issues. I’ve never had to restore defaults unless I applied an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post
    You should always disconnect any multiple units from the network when restoring another unit. Restore one, set it up and make sure it’s the master. Restore the second one, reconnect to the network then sync the network from the master. Imo your issues are all setup issues. I’ve never had to restore defaults unless I applied an update.
    This was an On The Water Fix

When I do a full factory restore as noted in many threads I restore each unit one at a time disconnected form the network

In this example I only did a Restore Chart Settings

And if you do this on one unit with the other unit off you still need to do the same restore on the other unit otherwise as soon as you connect them the other unit will freak out causing even more issues and wasting even more of your fishing time

Frist I tried an Import Menu Settings on both units but this did not solve the issue

So I did the Restore Chart Settings and yes I did this while both units where networked

This is the quickest way and seems to work more often than if you do them one at a time

Next I did another Import Menu Settings on both units and after both units rebooted the chart on the bow was now working and continued to work the rest of the day

See I have done more reboots, restores and testing on the Solix then just about anyone here and have found what works best under these circumstances
    "The handicapped angler"

18. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Globals only affect Solix units networked together if you only have one Solix you are having a different issue because globals are only used for networking multiple units
    I have two questions related to this statement. I have a single Solix 15 SI and am now wondering how the "Global" affects me. Here are my questions:

1. I have always assumed that the "Global" setting also determines whether the settings changes you make in one view on a single unit would also be used on the other views if "Global" was on. Is this not correct?
    2. Since I only have a single unit. Should I just leave the Global setting to "on" (which appears to be the default)?
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I have two questions related to this statement. I have a single Solix 15 SI and am now wondering how the "Global" affects me. Here are my questions:

1. I have always assumed that the "Global" setting also determines whether the settings changes you make in one view on a single unit would also be used on the other views if "Global" was on. Is this not correct?
    2. Since I only have a single unit. Should I just leave the Global setting to "on" (which appears to be the default)?
    if everything is working fine, then I would just leave it on.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post

When you read the manual it explains globals in two sections

Page 41 says it will control each view in that category on that unit

Page 256 “Set up your network” – “Understand Global” Says any changes on one unit is shared on the others

So it’s both (This could be the reason single unit anglers have issues)

But I ran one Solix for a year before purchasing a second and that’s when things went south
    Until then I never even noticed the global settings
    But most of the settings I run differently are different from unit to unit and not different in the views on a single unit

In a network scenario I have different arrival modes, data overlays, ranges and chart speeds
    In this scenario I need to keep globals off

In a single unit scenario the only time you would need to turn globals off is if you want different settings in a category

Example take the 2D view if you want different data overlays, zoom modes or depth lines display in only some of the views you would need to turn off globals

So I would say as long as you don’t want different settings in the same type of view your good to go
    Last edited by MichAngler; 09-22-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    "The handicapped angler"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast