Humminbird "Live"

Well after looking at a recent release of a new "Live" product from a different manufacturer all I can say I hope that Humminbird waits to release something close to Garmin Livescope rather than release something that looks so far like an epic failure. I was hoping for big news at ICAST, but for now no news might be better.

2. Member
    Also hope it is also backward compatible. Hate to have to buy a new HU, my Helix 12 G2 only 2 years old. Still hoping they do come out with something. Mega image Livescope?

3. Member
    The new Humminbird system will come with small GPS microchips to place on the fish after they are caught. The data will transmit to the unit and link directly to the Minn Kota trolling motor taking you right to the fish and even following it if it moves.

4. Member
    I just hope whatever they do is good. For me I hope it is not an improved 360 which seems very dated as compared to the information you receive from Livescope. I know allot of you guys really like the 360 but it is not for me.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    The new Humminbird system will come with small GPS microchips to place on the fish after they are caught. The data will transmit to the unit and link directly to the Minn Kota trolling motor taking you right to the fish and even following it if it moves.

The new system I'm designing uses a drone to disperse millions of microscopic nanobots over a body of water, which then disperse and attach to all the fish in the lake. The nanobots will report to the head unit wirelessly and include the species and weight of each fish.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jawjatek View Post

The new system I'm designing uses a drone to disperse millions of microscopic nanobots over a body of water, which then disperse and attach to all the fish in the lake. The nanobots will report to the head unit wirelessly and include the species and weight of each fish.

and i still wont be able to catch thme

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jawjatek View Post

Yea I heard about that! Doesn’t the first update include a mind control function where you can make them go psycho over a particular bait?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I just hope whatever they do is good. For me I hope it is not an improved 360 which seems very dated as compared to the information you receive from Livescope. I know allot of you guys really like the 360 but it is not for me.
    I run both and they are two totally separate tools. Neither one can do what the other one does at the same level.

There is nothing wrong with the current 360. Folks either have them installed wrong (which I did at a dealer) or they won't quit fishing long enough to learn it.

9. Member
    Thanks pfisher for the response. I know some of you really like the 360 but it ain't for me.
    Your right about most not taking the time to really learn about their electronics or how to use them. I'm constantly amazed how many people can drop several thousand dollars in a unit and haven't done any research before buying or once they have a unit just expect to turn it on and go find and catch more fish without knowing how to operate it. Guess this and other forums would be a pretty boring site otherwise. :)
    Fingers crossed for some cool new stuff coming out at ICAST in a couple of weeks but nothing like the stuff posted in other responses to this thread. :)

10. Member
    Humminbird will probably come out with a live at some point but I doubt it will be this year. I honestly would rather see some small tweaks to the 360 than have them come out with a livescope.

Let Garmin have the live deal, humminbird keep the 360, and Lowrance can have whatever godawful attempt at a knockoff they try next.

11. Member
    Lowrances Live is completely terrible. Looks like my two year olds scribbles mixed with a lie detector print out. Can't believe they would release that. I'd rather use an old flasher or just fish without a unit!
    1989 Stratos 179V
    1989 Evinrude V4 140hp
    Solix 10 G2 SI @ Console
    Helix 7 @ Console
    Solix 12 G1 @ Bow