Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    That's why I tape a piece of cardboard over my plates and wear a Groucho Marx nose and glasses... ... Works for me... Dan
    That's a good thing .....We'd sure miss the bar being opened on Fridays for three years that would be a 156 Fridays

2. Member
    Here in Florida you can just go thru them and they will send you a bill....no infraction at all....do it all the time....get a bill every so often....you dont even gotta have a SunPass

3. Member
    Had one on the Virginia green road that was unmanned at night. Credit card or exact charge and the machine would not take either. Eventually a guy driving a dually diesel that looked like an extra on the Vikings show got fed up. The wooden gate arm was little match for the truck. Everyone behind him just gave him a thumbs up for fixing the problem.

Allen

4. Member
    Watch out for your cornhole.

5. Banned
    You used could see a camera flash go off in your rear view mirror where your license plate was on a picture. Then Florida would chase you down for the violation.

My buddy from college drove like a complete maniac (always), and he went through a toll booth at about 100 mph. The camera couldn't catch his license plate fast enough. Two policemen had already pulled him over that night in the previous 800 mile drive down there.

you get a letter from "Sunpass" or one of it's providers, my last one was around 10$
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

7. Member
    They will find you from your license plate it takes a picture send you a bill for the toll plus $1.00.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Happened to my neighbor.

Currently doing a 3 year prison term for the infraction.
    Cheese County Bass Club

I got into NJ I think it was late after a delayed flight. Got to a toll booth that had no credit card option and manned booth was empty. Had no choice but to go thru. Never heard anything about it.

10. Member
    Happened to my neighbor.

Thanks I needed a little laugh!
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    they usually track it back to the rental car and charge you.
    This.

I just went through it with Alamo. They instructed me on my options: stop and pay the toll every few miles on the turnpike, or use the SunPass lanes and pay the same toll plus a $3.95 admin fee for each day the tolls are driven through (which for us was the day we picked the car up, and the day we returned the car). Easy decision, imo. I hate having to stop that many times so I paid the extra $7.90 for the convenience.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

12. Member
    I missed a toll both 2 times, both in Florida. It may have even been the same road, seems to completely depend on the rental car company.

Thrifty - $12 toll fee + $35 service fee
    Enterprise - $3 toll fee + $5 service fee

They both just charged it to the card I used for the rental.

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    That would be the last time I rented from Thrifty.

Quote Originally Posted by m.t.hands View Post
    you get a letter from "Sunpass" or one of it's providers, my last one was around 10$
    I got one from sunpass a few years ago. Called them and explained I hadn't been in Florida since the '70s. they pulled up the photo and saw that the computer had misinterpreted one of the characters on the image and corrected the problem.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    I got one from sunpass a few years ago. Called them and explained I hadn't been in Florida since the '70s. they pulled up the photo and saw that the computer had misinterpreted one of the characters on the image and corrected the problem.
    ^^^^,,, the first one i got i'm like what the heck, my wife had gotten it and failed to mention it, at first i thought it was a scam, i had not been to Florida in 2 years but sure enough, there was our vehicle blowing right through the toll area
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

16. Member
    A buddy of mine in SC, sold a race car to a guy in Long Island, NY. My buddy arranged to have a friend of his deliver it using his enclosed trailer. This was about 4 months ago. Yesterday my buddy received a ticket in the mail from Pennsylvania for a toll booth violation. My buddy wasn't happy! Lol

17. Banned
    Happened to my neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    They’ll track the license plate and trace the rental agreement back to your drivers license and address. You’ll then receive a fine in the mail including a toll charge for the farthest points on the toll system. Depending on your speed is if you’ll get a speeding ticket as well

No you wont....not in a rental car at least....worst case, rental agency charges you the toll fees, plus a daily fee....I've rented a car many times in Florida, from different agencies and drive through tolls all the time!

1999 Triton TR-19 PDC
    1999 Mercury 175 EFI
    25P Tempest Prop-worked by Croxton
    Minnkota Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MDI Bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI Bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI Console
    Humminbird Helix 5
    Humminbird Mega 360
    Mega Live
    8in Vance MFG. jack plate
    2 10ft Minnkota Raptors

Quote Originally Posted by mhines View Post
    No you wont....not in a rental car at least....worst case, rental agency charges you the toll fees, plus a daily fee....I've rented a car many times in Florida, from different agencies and drive through tolls all the time!
    There are a lot of toll roads in Florida...and a lot of tourists...there's no way they would treat their visitors like that. Tourism money means too much.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123